Sunday Blessings and Mothers Day

Patricia R.
on 5/8/16 4:45 am, edited 5/8/16 4:48 am - Perry, MI

Happy Mothers Day to all the Moms, Grandmoms, Aunts, Friends, and Moms of furbabies,

I always have mixed emotions about this holiday.  My relationship with Mom has always been a source of pain.  I spend forever picking out just the right card, because so many of them are not true about my Mom.  It hurts.  I love her, but she's toxic, bitter, mean, critical, and it's not the Alzeimers.  She's always been this way.  

When I was home two weeks ago, we had one good day, where we went to William Penn's home, and learned about our state, and country's history.  Then, the next day, she was mean as Hell about Sean, and it was in the past.  I blew up.  My sister later told me that she realized she handled Mom wrong all her life, by not standing up to her.  I always stood up to Mom, and didn't let her walk all over me.  

So, I sent her flowers, and earrings, and found a decent card.  

Enough about her.  My boys are so sweet.  On Friday, I found a package from Amazon, with a purse I had on my Amazon Wish List from Sean and Rachel.  Then, yesterday, I got flowers from Chris and Casey.  Today, I'm going to church, and brunch with Colleen and the gang.  I am blessed.  I used to be just like Mom, but that changed in 2001, and I am so grateful.

Jeannie, and others, I know that this day is painful because your Moms are gone.  I am truly sorry that you have that pain of loss.  I hope you can find joy somehow today.

Have fun today with whomever you spend the day.  And furbabies are children too.

Hugs,

Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

lightswitch
on 5/8/16 9:16 am

Trish,

I have such a awful time during Mothers Day and during Christmas.  But, this will pass and I can go back to mourning quietly without the reminder of mom...it's a price all of us have to face either with our moms or dads or siblings or someone we have lost. Death is harsh but it's harsh for those of us left...you know.

I'm glad you found the perfect card...that is so important. 

Well, today, I am making some potato soup to take to my daughter.  She texted me that she is sick, so when I take the kids home, I'll take her some soup and food to feed her and her husband and the kids for a few days while she recovers. 

Well, I need to go cook....I've got more meat in my house than I ever thought I'd have so I need to get it cooked and packed away in the freezer to take to her this evening.  

Talk to you all later....Happy Mother's Day to you all...

seasheleyes
on 5/8/16 11:37 am - Manteca, CA

You are so kind to take food to your daughter. Her family will be so grateful. I'm sorry this is such a hard day for you...You were dealt a difficult hand when your mom was diagnosed with cancer at such a young age. I just can't imagine it.

(deactivated member)
on 5/8/16 3:56 pm

You are so right that death is harsh on those left behind.  My mom unlike yours lived a long life and died relatively peacefully.  I was 65 and still felt like an orphan.  That was 3 years ago and I still often think of calling her to give her news or ask a question about a recipe or a family member.  Hope you find some peace this Mother's Day.

H.A.L.A B.
on 5/8/16 10:44 am

Happy mother's day !!!

35 years ago on mother's day I received the message that my mother passed away.  She was a wonderful woman, very proud, hard working, smart and very loving.  She sacrificed her life to raise me and my sister.   

I have furbabies. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

seasheleyes
on 5/8/16 11:32 am - Manteca, CA

I'm so sorry about your connection to the holiday...It must make it difficult.

(deactivated member)
on 5/8/16 3:58 pm

So sorry you lost your mother on Mother's Day.  It's good that you have wonderful memories of her.  Losing a loved one on any holiday makes that holiday difficult.  Hug you furbabies extra tight today.

seasheleyes
on 5/8/16 11:39 am - Manteca, CA

Enjoy your day Trish. I'm glad you were able to turn your life around so that your children won't have the difficult relationship as their only memories of you. 

seasheleyes
on 5/8/16 11:49 am - Manteca, CA

I am doing pretty well today. I have memories of my mother that are almost totally good. I am sad that she is gone but she lived a good life and her death was peaceful. We never doubted her love for us. 

I am having a quiet day until later. My husband is gone on a trip and I'm holding down the fort. I have my tutoring later and after that my daughter and her roommate are coming for dinner. They are painting some bedrooms today so I bought a rotisserie chicken and I'm making veggie packets and salad. I am setting a pretty table too. It will be fun.

Time to get my bath and do the next thing on my list. 

I know this isn't a happy day for many...treat yourself with kindness. 

Julia

(deactivated member)
on 5/8/16 3:52 pm

Trish

Sorry you have a complicated relationship with your mother but so glad that you recognized the negative tendencies in yourself and made the changes that allow you to have a good  relationship with your children.  Hope you enjoyed your day

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 389 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1190 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1198 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1134 views