Ok It must be Tuesday!!!

Canndesign
on 6/6/16 9:59 pm

I think it's Tuesday! we r in baby countdown! no baby yet! I'm counting the minutes till I see the whites of this baby! I'm on pins and needles!

Vinnie says to her mummy's belly baby come out!

Well talk on I'm tired! My two yr old keeps me running!!!

Carla

Nancy B
on 6/6/16 10:45 pm - Niagara-on-the-Lake, Canada

Hello, everyone!

Jeannie- sending loving and healing energy..wow! that is scary! We took our sons to all of the NASA sites when they were younger...Danny is now an electronic engineer and a pilot so I guess he learned alot from those trips. Carla, you have far more physical energy than I could ever manage!

I have been away attending a WOW GAL CELEBRATION 3 day weekend in Niagara Falls. WOW GAL is the short version of Women of Worth....presented by the WOW- Women of Worth- International Online Magazine.

I was featured in December of 2014 as a WOW Gal and I originally wrote a WOW ANGEL TRIBUTE for my Mom that was published several months before. I had a FALLS VIEW room on the fifteenth floor at the Marriott Gateway looking right over the Falls! I was asked to do a one hour presentation on some of my works...an insightful & interactive art therapy session which was such fun. Thirty women absolutely silent as they listened and drew their artwork. After that, I had numerous one-on-one healing energy mandala colouring sessions...ladies had to sign up ahead of time but I had so many wanting to sit with me that we had to double up and triple up my sessions but they all enjoyed it, as I did.

I even won the 50-50 draw! The food was excellent but what I really liked was that there was so much choice that I could easily focus on tasty protein dishes (chicken, grilled salmon, roasted ham, beef and prime rib) and could skip the carbs almost completely and still be satisfied. I even was able to enjoy a few small tastes of cheesecake, feeling treated and not feeling deprived. I lost THREE POUNDS !! I brought all of my chocolate treats home to share with hubby and our 2 grand daughters and have NO cravings...wow...I am totally befuddled but THRILLED at this and NOT complaining at all.

After returning home (I could not sleep in the hotel..with a roomie,due to joint pain from the cancer meds, I could not get up and wander about the room) so I went directly to bed at 6:30m pm Sunday and slept til 3 pm Monday!!! The weekend was so much fun but I WAS exhausted.

Today (Monday), I focused on ground beef in chunky Italian-spiced tomatoes with edamme, black beans and kernels of corn to boost my protein.

I had a wonderful one hour discussion online with my 13 yr old step grand daughter...she asked if I could help her get 40 hours of community service...this is required from all high school students here to graduate. Of course, I have no end of charity work events so I can connect her to as many events as she can hand;le. We then talked about my experience and new insight into anime and "comicon" as both weekend events that I have just experienced were packed with "comicon" enthusiasts..we talked about how we can learn from others so much and how I wish to help her and her sister to learn more life skills because that will assist them both in being the best that they can be! She is a very smart young lady and she actually "got" what I was saying...how to learn from older people's experiences (good and bad) and to to use different perspectives before making a judgement.I also told her that IU loved her dearly (even though we are not blood related) and to never be afraid to ask me for help or advice and she promised that she would..she even THANKED ME and said that she loved me! WOW!! Since I have only known her (face to face) since last August, I consider this QUITE an honour to be respected by her at 13. I think that this was a big step between her and myself.

For Tuesday, I will have my protein drink for breakfast, the last of the ground beef with beans mixture (sprinkled with shredded cheese) for lunch and the last porkchops that I BBQ'd this evening out on the deck with a salad and extras for hubby & Derek. So I am good for Tuesday's menu.

Tuesday will be spent, resting at home, working out a budget for our huge BPW conference and planning the agenda for our executive meeting on Saturday. The rest of the week will be busy, having to go into the "big city" ... two different business meetings and errands...then into the OTHER big city to do BPW banking and pick up my 3 new special bras (made for prosthetics) and deliver a few gift baskets that I am donating to some local charity fund raisers. Finally raining here ..we need the moisture already.

Best regards to all,

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
(deactivated member)
on 6/7/16 7:29 am

Oh Nancy!!! wish I could figure a way to send you some of our moisture.  We have flooded 4+ times this spring.  Saturday Galveston streets were under several feet of water.  Once the rain stopped it drained quickly but it doesn't matter if you are feet under water for days or hours the damage is done.  Here in Kingwood several roads were closed a little over a week ago.  Some stayed closed for a few days others opened quicker.  Lots of shrubs submerged then left with mud caking in the sun once the river went back in its banks.  The rain is not done according to our weatherman and then oh yeah! we get temps well into the 90's along with the humidity and if that's not enough fun the mosquitoes will quickly follow.

Glad your weekend went so well.  You still amaze me with all you do.

(deactivated member)
on 6/7/16 7:47 am

Yes Carla it is Tuesday.  Get some rest so you can enjoy that baby when it gets here.

I have done all my personal laundry and am ready to start packing.  Once the house is clean I will wash the sheets and cleaning rags and laundry will be done.  I have my packing list made and will start putting things in my suitcase.  Then I will print my boarding pass and be ready for my flight tomorrow.  Can't wait to see my grand daughter, my son and dil as well of course but you know how it is.  This may well be the last time I get to spend this kind of time with her.  I just sit and play with her, go to the park, etc. the whole time I am there.  Next fall she starts school and her days will be occupied.  Even when I visit during summer or breaks she will be getting to the age where her friends won't want to spend time with her Nana.  Right now if her friends are over I can read stories to all of them.  They will all sit with me on the couch and one even sits right next to me and keeps her head on my shoulder.  Those years 0-5 go by so quickly.  I am sad already.  My grand sons have never been the sit and play with Nana types so my relationship with them is different and I don't spend as much time with them.  Our time usually consists of watching one or more of their games.  I stay at a hotel when I am there. it doesn't make sense to spend 10 days in a hotel only to see them a few minutes each day.   Shucks, school interferes with my plans.  I do enjoy seeing them play soccer or baseball.  I have not seen any of their basketball games.  They play that in the fall and our schedules have never meshed.  Last time I was there we went to the science museum and had a ball.  I will see then the first weekend in July.  We will drive thru there on our way to Wyoming. 

Well I am rambling.

Breakfast today was oatnut bread toast

Lunch will be tuna and a few crackers

Dinner will be grilled shrimp on salad.

snacks will be watermelon or apricots.

Have a good day

lightswitch
on 6/7/16 10:46 am

Carla and Ladies,

I am shooting in and saying hi.  We are having freshmen orientation with parents this week and it is hectic. 

Todays food is good: 1 small egg for breakfast, avocado salad for lunch, cucumber and carrots for snack, and dinner tonight is beans and potatoes...my husband's favorite.

Tonight, I will be washing clothes and packing up for the AP reading which begins the 9th...well, the 10th but I get there on the 9th.  I will be there until the 17th so I will need to take the big bag. 

Ladies, have a good day and move and drink the water and count the food....it's really all about conscientiousness on our parts, isn't it? 

seasheleyes
on 6/7/16 6:00 pm - Manteca, CA

It is late but I can still get into the thread...I voted...I shopped...I ate conservatively. The accountability here and the goals that it made are helping so much! I'm heading to Tahoe next week so I won't be officially weighing in. I think I'm down another couple of pounds. My short term goal is to get to the lowest weight that I reached after surgery and I'm about eight pounds from that. I can actually see that I can do it. I'll maintain there for a bit and then head toward my goal to be under 200 pounds. My highest weight was 356 so under 200 is a big success. 

Thanks for all the support here!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 390 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1192 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1199 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1134 views