Sunny Sunday on East Coast

Ready2goNOW
on 7/31/16 7:44 am

Good Morning Ladies!

Just wanted to stop in & say hello since I don't post that often. Really not much to report except I am keeping busy...sometimes I wonder doing what since I only work PT & am not doing much socially, but it seems every night I fall into bed exhausted!

My food has been up & down. Recently been on carb binge & boy do I see it with my belly blowing up...ugh. Yet no gain on the scale...yet! I need to get ahold of myself! However, one of the issues is my work is on for a few weeks & then I might have a week or two off before a new assignment so money is tight. I really need to buy items just for me to comply with my meal plans, but don't feel right taking from my family to stay on track. So a few weeks I am good (payday time!) & then I am off (between paydays).I am hoping to resolve this when my employer comes thru with the permanent schedule they have been promising.

I have been doing my daily hour swim which may be keeping the gain at bay & my energy level is pretty good so I am often in movement. I am SO thankful for the surgery as I remember being such a couch potato with no motivation. It HURT to move so I did not want to do it! Now I prefer to move as often as possible.

I want to get into bodybuilding & do small weights while in the pool. I need to study this more even though I know it wont help with the sagging skin which I really have no problem with anyhow. Vanity was never my strong suit!

Once again because of finances we are not doing much this summer, but la...st summer it was ok to sit it out while I worked my way towards my October 2015 surgery date. This year it has been really about finding employment I am invested in that will not cause a lot of stress thus self-medicating with food. My days of high stress career are over. At any rate I am confident I will get to where I want to be by the end of this year!

I enjoy coming here & reading the posts...there is something to learn from everyone who stops in. I can relate to Trish struggling with her meal plans, Carla dealing with her nephews back talk as we are raising our 14 yo gdaughter & that is her specialty much of the time, I have always loved reading about everyone's travels...I live through them vicariously...so much fun.

Anyhow, its another hot & humid one here so I want to get my swim in...it gets me going for the rest of the day, and then we are going to visit my mother in law. After that, who knows?

Everyone have a blessed day!

Kathy

(deactivated member)
on 7/31/16 10:36 am

Hi Kathy

Good to hear from you.  My last few years of employment was stressful.  I found myself in a school that was more detention center than educational center.  Funny to say that what really got me to retire was a multitude of hurricanes following me from Florida (Charley) to Louisiana (Katrina) then finally Texas ****) right after that I had knee surgery and developed DVT (blood clot) so my standing in a classroom all day days were over.  Must say I have not missed it.  I enjoyed my early days of teaching when "bad" kids were just mischievous and not malicious.  Hopefully you will get your permanent assignment and get the financial woes behind you.  As far as getting on track whatever you situation, the key is planning.  If I don't plan, I find myself grabbing whatever is easiest...not good.  My exercise is not specific these days.  At home I go to the gym and line dance classes but here I don't have that luxury.  I am walking a lot and almost every day.  I aim for 6,000 steps minimum and strive for 10,000 each day.  Just don't give up.  Set backs happen just keep the momentum going forward.  Best of luck to you.

(deactivated member)
on 7/31/16 10:41 am

Good Morning everyone

It is nearly noon and we are still at the cottage trying to get a start on the day.  It is warm today but not as bad as last week.

Don't know what we will do but I hope to stay out of the sun.

I had whole wheat toast for breakfast and I have no idea what the rest of the day will bring.  I advised Kathy to plan and here I am without a plan.  The old do as I say not as I do symdrome.

oops

Canndesign
on 7/31/16 10:50 am

Good Afternoon, 

Im on Vinnie Patrol today. My daughter and her husband are at work, Henson is at the babysitter. Vin and I are going to the park later.

Im glad that my nephew is with his parents safe and sound. I don't think he was ready to be away from them for ten days. His behavior threshold isn't what it should be. He is a very fragile child. He needs work and doesn't listen to adults or his therapist. It's sad. I hope one day he will get it. At nine years old one would thin he wouldn't act like a two yr old. Now on to clean up his disaster in my back seat in my car. He stuffed all his trash under the seats! I'm livid when I had a bag for him to put the trash in and asked politely for him to do that and throw it away when we would make stops! Ok rant over!!

on with my crazy day!

Carla

Patricia R.
on 7/31/16 12:29 pm - Perry, MI

Greetings Kathy and OFF,

I had a great time at the luau yesterday.  Had some yummy protein.  Some yummy salads.  I did eat some apple pie, but that was my only screw up.

I found a 40% off entire purchase coupon for Joann's last night, and ran and bought a ton of yarn. 

I better scoot.  Not much going on today.

Hugs,

Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

yvonnef1964
on 7/31/16 12:44 pm
VSG on 08/11/14

Hi Ladies,

I had a potluck at church today. I ate too much mostly protein and a piece of cake. I don't think I'll be eating the rest of the day. 

It looks like it wants to rain here but it's only 77 out.

Everyone have a good day

Yvonne

H.A.L.A B.
on 7/31/16 8:08 pm

Hello everyone. Good to see you guys posting.  I am v0busy with work and life.  I am still trying to "fix " some of my issues and trying new meds can be challenging.  Trying to decide if the meds causing some symptoms or it is just me... 

On a good note - I had a great appointments with a couple of my main docs - and there is sign that my pituitary are slowly recovering. I have Secondary adrenal insufficiency - caused by pituitary failure...but hopefully whatever is going on - there is a chance that one day I may not need daily cortisol.  I already decreased from 25mg per day to 7.5-15. Per day. Some days I don't need more than 7.5mg. Other days 10mg is fine. This is major.  Pituatary affect not only cortisol, but also thyroid, HGF, other hormons. And electrolyte balance.  That can affect not only my blood sugar but also my BP and HBR... 

I lost my regain and I have been at weight goal since May and I am slowly geting used to my routine.  I try to get on a scale everyday when we are home...that helps me to asses not only my weight but also hydration and .... my BM.  I deal with IBS-C and if I don't get a complete BM one day - that may cause severe backup and pain next few days... 

Life has it challenges... That's for sure.  

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Canndesign
on 8/1/16 7:17 pm

I also have Addisons. It's not fun. I'm on Prednisone and Fleurinef. I'm on 5mg of Prednisine. But no Diabetes. My thyroid is out and I'm on thyroid medicine. It's can get crazy sometimes! 

I just got off a higher dose cause of a bladder infection! I managed to ditch the Er! My Dr friend called in antibiotics for me. 

I haven't had any regain!

Carla

H.A.L.A B.
on 8/2/16 6:15 am

My sympathy.  Addison sucks.  I just got "a small" dose of it.  

I tried to take  a mix of prednisone and cortisone, but my pouch does not tolerate any.   O was hoping that some prednisone would help with my back /sciatica... 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 381 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1180 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1187 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1126 views