Sunday

Nancy B
on 9/10/16 10:31 pm - Niagara-on-the-Lake, Canada

Goodness, this place has really slowed down...sounds like some of us are struggling.  I finally got thru the long pain phase and feel a lot better now...catching up on sleep but not being very productive, I'm afraid. I have no hunger at all but I do try to eat some protein every few hours.   I have some "PURE" whey protein that has no taste, so I add that to my fruit protein drink but I have to say that the texture is a real turnoff for me...that is why i have always stuck with MATRIX.5 hot chocolate protein powder..not that easy to find except at mybariatricpantry. They don't ship to Canada so I cannot order it and have to wait til Derek can do that for me..they will not accept MY credit card because it does not match HIS mailing address. It's a real pain.

We had tornado warnings here all day...quite unusual for us but all of the CLIMATE CHANGE that many refuse to accept is really making a difference here for us. The thunderstorms were more bark than bite, thank goodness...poor LilyRose was terrified and hid under our bed..The Boo simply doesn't care...lolol.

It's HARVEST TIME here for grapes (we live in WINE COUNTRY) and PEACHES.  Soon pears and apples will be ready. I can live on fruit.  I do have several containers of chicken broth and beef broth for a quick protein fix...sometimes I cook an egg or grab a piece of cheese...never would I have ever thought that lack of hunger would be a problem for me.

Breakfast: protein drink

Lunch: Italian Wedding Soup (chicken broth with spinach, tiny meatballs and a bit of mini pasta shells)

Dinner: chicken patty on a 1/2 toasted bun & a few slices of cucumber

Bedtime Snack:  cup of Green Jasmine Tea with flowers and a piece of dark chocolate & almonds

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
yvonnef1964
on 9/11/16 12:26 pm
VSG on 08/11/14

Hi Nancy,

Glad you are feeling better pain wise. Rest as much as you need.

I feel better today. Last day of my antibiotic. I think Im having a little reaction to it. I feel a little itchy but no rash.

B egg whites ham and cheese omelet and string cheese

L chicken salad and baby carrots

D steak and half of a sweet potato

S greek yogurt, turkey sausage snack sticks, and apple

Have a good day

lightswitch
on 9/11/16 2:05 pm

Nancy,

We are getting more than our fair share of grapes, peaches, apples, and pears.  We have friends and family who have one or the other of the above list so it's not unusual for me to have a bushel of something to worry with.  My daughter brought us a little over two bushels of nice Granny Smith's and a bushel of Mcintosh apples.  I am apple buttered out and hopefully, after tomorrow, will have all the apples canned.  I run a 14 quarts through the canner and rest then do more. I do love apple butter and absolutely love pear butter.  I am looking so forward to the pecans and walnuts falling out of the trees.  We have pecans on our property where my daughter lives and my sister has hickory and walnuts, so I usually get enough nuts to freeze for the year. DH and I sit and watch TV while cracking and picking out nuts...This year, he is going to make some walnut stain so he can stain the new cabinets that will be going in the house we are buying. I am not real sure that I want walnut but he knows about painting and staining and he swears it won't be too dark.  I am making wine too.  I've made wine in the past but this year I am really putting a great effort into it because, well, I'm retired. LOL. 

This week, I'm also going to can some potatoes and carrots: my daughter's potatoes and carrots made like crazy and while I like the idea of putting a bunch in the cellar, I still want to can some too.  This being retired is nice...it would be better if the knee wasn't such a pain in my butt.  Today, it's feeling better and I am going to do exactly what the doctor said...no climbing stairs, no running or jumping, no bending...but canning, yep, I can do the canning. 

B: 1/2 cup of scrambled eggs; 1/2 biscuit with a little gravy

L: Potato Soup

D: Catfish, beans, and green tomato relish

Ladies, rest up....winter's a coming. 

Ready2goNOW
on 9/11/16 2:41 pm

Nancy, glad you are experiencing less pain as that is an awful way to have to live!

Not to get political but the climate changes around the world are pretty undeniable! Don't even know what to expect this winter...they just can't get it right. But it IS weather, right?

I could also live on fruit & grapes have been my best friend!

Yvonne glad you're almost done the antibiotic...hopefully you can get back to normal, too!

Jeannie, your trip to ER sounded awful. Crappy way to spend the day. You sure have a LONG list planned out...I envy the access you have to fruit & nuts and how nothing seems to go to waste!

I've been doing a little cleaning & relaxing today. Went to our Pow Wow yesterday, but after a couple hours of walking around in the extreme heat & humidity our friend started having a seizure. Medics got him an ambulance & off we all went to hospital. Felt bad for him as he is terminally ill at only 60 & was enjoying himself all morning.

I got my protein powder in the mail yesterday so I am going to try to get the carbs I've been feasting on under control. I am gonna try to cut down to less than 75/day & increase my protein to 100-115. Wish me luck!

B - 2 bacon, 1 egg, 2 pancakes 

L - 2 chicken strips & applesauce

S - protein bar

D - cod & more applesauce

Kathy

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 391 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1195 views
Judy