It's been 3 weeks, and nothing

whisperingliz
on 4/11/09 11:18 am - paramount, CA
Well, i had approximatly 20 lbs of skin/fat removed from my tummy and I'm still fitting into my regular clothes. Dont get me wrong, i'm happy with my new tummy, but, I would think i'd at least go down one pant size with 20 lbs removed. I weighed myself and it seems ive lost 10 lbs. Dr. said i'm swollen (i cant really see it), but how long will it be untill the final results are showing?  Will i lose any more weight? It's been 3 weeks now. 
islander
on 4/11/09 12:57 pm - Middletown, RI
Even though I was losing weight like crazy (mostly from lack of appetite) after my tt & br (16 lbs.), it took a few weeks before I could even wear what I was wearing before surgery.    That lasted awhile & then those clothes became too loose & I had to purchase some.  Now those are also somewhat big.  I'm about 8 wks. out and only had a few pounds removed, not nearly as dramatic as you..     

It's the swelling that's doing it & will pass.  Sometimes I could feel it as my tummy became hard.   I could see it sometimes in the unevenness of my body.  The. Dr. noticed it with puckering on the surgery line.   I had a dramatic change at about 5 wks. when much of the swelling left & I actually had some energy.  I know that it's hard to be patient but your body is in recovery mode & will be so for awhile.  Doesn't seem fair, does it?  Espcially when you had so much skin removed.  It will happen, though.

I did try to keep my water intake up & took some supplements to decrease swelling. 

Soon- soon!

gypsywoman6789
on 4/11/09 10:17 pm - Hudson, NH
Well I'm only 6 days out so can't really comment obviously but what I have learned from this board is that lots of people said don't weigh yourself in the beginning and don't be surprised that your clothes don't fit because of the swelling.

I've made the decision not to weigh myself until the 6 wk mark.  I'm still wearing my PJ's at this point so I don't know what I'll do about clothes just yet but I did buy some stretchy pants a little too big for me just before surgery and am hoping they will be comfortable enough to wear.

That is fantastic that they took 20 lbs!  I can only imagine that week by week you will start to see the differences as the swelling goes down and everything settles into place.

I had 7.5lbs removed and thought that was alot!  Hang in there!
MSHAMO
on 4/11/09 10:47 pm - AUBURN HILLS, MI
I had an extended TT, muscle tightening, lipo and a baseball size umbilical hernia repaired 6 weeks ago with 8 lbs. removed and had actually gained 8 lbs. when I got home!! That was disappointing!!  It took about 4 weeks to start losing some of that fluid and am now down 13 lbs. from when I went in. You will lose it, but it will take time for the swelling to go down. I'm 6 weeks out and I am still very swollen, my PS said from the hernia repair. You'll get there!!
High/VSG/Surgeon Goal/My Goal/Current 257/242/170/155/141  I love my sleeve!
5' 3.5"    Plastic Surgeon: Dr. Raymond Hajjar, Bingham Farms, MI   Extended TT, muscle repair, lipo & hernia repair 2/25/09  Direct neck lift and muscle repair  4/14/09  Short scar lower face lift, more neck work and lower bleph 9/15/09
(deactivated member)
on 4/11/09 11:01 pm
droth
on 4/11/09 11:57 pm

My doctor took 15 lbs. off of me and I couldn't see it either.  I gained 20 lbs. from my surgery.  I also had a hernia repair, but also had major, major complications.  Be patient - it is the swelling.  I finally lost the 20  I had gained - it has been 6 weeks. 

You know, we are our own worst critics.  My poor husband gets sick and tired every time I ask him, "can you tell I look different?".

To make a looooooong story short - YES, YES, YES, you will lose more weight.  Bit by bit it will come off - I promise it will happen!!!!

O. Kufi
on 4/12/09 2:06 am, edited 4/12/09 2:06 am
Ditto....Be patient. Most people swell for awhile. I did for about 3 1/2 months. Give yourself time to heal and your body to figure out what happened. Everyone is a little different but you will see the difference. 

We love because God first loved us (1John 4:19)

whisperingliz
on 4/12/09 6:14 am - paramount, CA
Awesome, thanks guys for making me feel better!!! HUGS! Will be patient.
(deactivated member)
on 3/4/19 3:48 am

hey can you please tell me exact months of swelling?

ng
on 4/14/09 11:30 am - Southwest, LA
You can still have swelling after several months.
Most Active