Things are looking up

(deactivated member)
on 4/10/09 11:37 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
I'm starting to see some of the swelling going down......still swollen but not as much on the left arm.  The right arm is still pretty swollen.  Both forearms are finally not bulging but still sore.
I think the incision looks pretty good......
Saw the surgeon today and he has me starting to use scar cream today ; will also put on Silicone strips tomorrow.

I'm going to post new pictures over the weekend.

Hope everyone is feeling well and healing nicely.

Have a good weekend
Ruth
(deactivated member)
on 4/10/09 7:05 pm
(deactivated member)
on 4/12/09 2:27 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Thanks Jodi,
It's been about 25 years since I went out in public in sleeveless shirt so I can't wait....I'll probably feel naked or overexposed...LOL
Susan S.
on 4/11/09 1:01 am - Roselle, NJ
 Great to hear Ruth - it takes time and patience and none of us are very good at those things...are we.   I went back to Yoga today - was able to do everything with my arms/chest that I had had trouble with the last time I was there (because I was post brachio/augmentation).....that was now six weeks ago I think.....but now I had to be careful with the lower body stretches - poses - because my thighs are healig.....I was able to do a great deal more than I thought I would be able to do.....it's been 3 weeks - but I still had to take it slow and be very mindful......one step closer to my routine.....which I so badly want back!  I had enough swelling in my legs this week to abandon training yesterday - and to not be on the elliptical - I tried one day - and I'm listening to my body - it's telling me to take it slow....so I'm trying to listen.....

Can't wait to see the new pictures.......Susan
Obesity Help Support Group Leader - The Woman Warrior
286/170/131 (starting/goal/current)
LBL - 10-30-08, brachioplasty/augmentation 2-26-09, medial thigh lift 3-16-09
Plastics - Dr. Joseph Fodero

286/170/140/131 (starting weight/goal/surgeons goal/current)

LBL 10-30-08 - Joseph Fodero
Brachioplasty/Breast Augmentation - 2=24-09

(deactivated member)
on 4/12/09 3:48 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Thanks Susan.

I did my 45 mins walk this morning (normally I do a combo walk and run but today I only walked briskly) and I was totally exhausted!!!!!!!!  My body felt like it was beaten up!  My legs, especially the right one were dead!  I took the compression garment off to do my walk and I guess the legs are still recovering from the Lipo 2 weeks ago.  The right leg is more swollen than the the left one and man it was worn out after the walk.
I'm going to take it easy this afternoon.  I'm glad I didn't make any plans to go out today...........just having a quiet day at home.

When you do your workouts are you wearing your compression garment?  Don't over do it.  I'm not sure if I'll walk again tomorrow...I'd like to but will see how the body feels in the morning.
Take care!
Ruth

PS - I'm going to post pictures this afternoon.
Susan S.
on 4/12/09 10:01 am - Roselle, NJ
 HI Ruth - glad you walked - glad you're taking it easy......recovery requires patience!!!!   I do absolutely wear my compression garments while training/elliptical etc...I have compression everywhere - boobs - arms - legs.....I train tomorrow - upper body - I took yoga yesterday - my upper body is recovered fully (I was able to do full arm extensions on my poses - last time I took yoga - two weeks out from brachio I had to be very protective of my arms....but they seem to be fine now.....this time I had to baby my legs - but the stretches were great - my back etc. needed it badly.

I did have a lovely easter - wore an easter hat Georgia Boy sent me - I was the only one over the age of 8 wearing a hat!   I"ll post pictures tomorrow.    Take it slow.......and keep me posted.   Susan
Obesity Help Support Group Leader - The Woman Warrior
286/170/131 (starting/goal/current)
LBL - 10-30-08, brachioplasty/augmentation 2-26-09, medial thigh lift 3-16-09
Plastics - Dr. Joseph Fodero

286/170/140/131 (starting weight/goal/surgeons goal/current)

LBL 10-30-08 - Joseph Fodero
Brachioplasty/Breast Augmentation - 2=24-09

(deactivated member)
on 4/12/09 12:10 pm - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
hmmmm..... I'll try doing the walk tomorrow morning with the compression garment....maybe I won't feel as worn out afterwards.   Glad you had a nice day!!!
Ruth

Most Active