A couple of questions for you pro's out there!!!

K-T
on 4/13/09 4:50 am, edited 4/13/09 4:51 am - LA
Hi all. I am just 4 1/2 months out from lap rny & down 97 pounds so far, I would still like to loose 90 to 100 more pounds. I am just starting to get my feet wet with all the info that goes w/ plastic surgery. I have to waite 18 months until I can have any kind of surgery, so next May can't get here fast enough...lol...

Depending on what I will need as far as plastics go I figured the following, lower body lift w/ tummy tuck ( does that include Th's tucked? ) arms tucked, most definitely BOOBS!!!!
*I was wondering if anyone has gotten all this done at one time or did you break it up in to a few surgery's?
*what is the diffence from a lower body lift & a full body lift?
*does a lower body lift your v-jj?????
*I will try to get insurance to cover some but I am starting to prepare to have it all come out of pocket, my rny came fully out of pocket...aggg...oh well all worth it!!! Do any of you know a ball park figure on how much these surgery's cost?
*Has anyone gotten any work done in Louisiana & if so who did you use?
*any other use full info to give I am more then willing to hear it all.
Thanks for your time Take Care
Katherine

What you eat in private, will show in public!!!
gypsywoman6789
on 4/13/09 5:05 am - Hudson, NH
Wow 97 lbs in just over 4 mos that is fantastic.  Congratulations!  I had my rny 2.5 yrs ago.  I had my TT  done a week ago.  My insurance covered it.

Your RNY Dr's prob have some good tips on what to do in order to get insurance to cover certain procedures.  I know insurance will cover the pannus removal for many but not all patients, as far as all the other stuff I'm not sure, although I have heard plenty of people say they were able to get their boobs covered by having a breast reduction done which might sound contradictory but sometiimes they get so long after surgery that you actually have to have them "reduced".

Immediately start to document any problems you have due to the excess skin.  Ask your Dr. to give you a Rx for an antibiotic powder for any rashes you might experience.  Document any back pain you believe to be caused by carrying around the excess skin hanging from your belly.  The Dr's will ask certain questions that they will submit to insurance for approval.  This will include does the skin interfere with your daily living activities (and the answer is always YES)  do you get rashes (again - always YES) etc etc.

While you can have multiple procedures done at once, I don't think it would be wise to have it all done at once.  Too much for your body to go through at once.  Different doctors will do certain procedures together and not others.  Some don't like to do arms and boobs at the same time but will do belly and boobs at the same time.

Be sure to tell your plastic surgeon that you want your v-jj lifted!  Like I said, I only had a TT but I asked him specifically if I would realize any lift of the v-jj as a result.  In my case he said yes but again that depends on how much sag you've got going on.  Alot of surgeons will "sell" this to you as a sepearate procedure and sometimes that is necessary.

Visit with multiple PS's before you decide and bring a list of written questions you want answered.  They should be willing to answer them all and you shouldn't feel rushed.  Get prices from each PS and don't assume you have to pay out of pocket, try the insurance route first even if you have to appeal the decision.

Good luck.
Angensam
on 4/13/09 7:02 am - Atlanta, GA
Hey Katherine!

Congratulations on losing 97 lbs in such a short period! Keep up the great work!

I can't offer any advice on insurance (I was self-pay)and I live in Georgia, so I can't help with Louisiana PS.

I can help with terminology. A lower body lift is also called a belt lipectomy. The surgeon cuts a belt of skin all the way around your torso so your stomach and butt is lifted. It also lifts the outside of your thighs which is great. It will not impact the inside of your thighs. A full body lift includes the above and a middle cut, often referred to as an anchor cut or fleur de lis cut down the middle of your torso. It will also include lifting your breasts and possibly a brachioplasty (arm lift). It is a HUGE procedure and not many surgeons will do that. You are in the OR for 15 hours. There are some folks here on the message board that have had this and can talk about their experience. I had the lower body lift and a thigh lift to address the inside of my thighs.

Either procedure should include a mons lift (aka v-jj). Make sure your surgeon knows that you want that just in case he/she doesn't always include it. My total cost of the LBL and TL was around $24K. A bit on the expensive side, but my surgeon is an artist and I am so amazed at my results at just 3 weeks out.

Also, I had my arm lift and Breast lift three years ago as one procedure. I am glad I broke them up. I can't imagine trying to recover from a lower body lift with my arms incapacitated. However, others on this board have done this and recovered nicely. You will need help no matter what.

Good luck with your next 100 lbs!

Regina

Almost to goal!
Regina

Most Active