Appealing Hearing

WIBlueyes
on 4/14/09 6:31 am - Milwaukee, WI
Hello Everyone! I have been lurking on the plastic pages now for awhile. I had my gastric bypass 2 yrs ago and this past July 3rd I had a breast reduction and lift. I am now fighting with my insurance to cover a circumferential torsoplasty.  I have sent in my letter and my plastic surgeons letter,  however, I'm so irritated because my gastric bypass dr I saw for my 2 yr check up in January told me she would write a letter for me because she has treated me for all my skin infections. I have done nothing but argue with her staff because she informed them that my plastic doctor should write it. UGH anyways my hearing is tomorrow and I can't even be there because its not even in my state!! I guess I came on to just get my frustrations out! It irritates me that they think its plastic surgery and that even though I have pleaded my case and I have shown that I have poor hygiene and yeast infections I still haven't shown how it would improve physiologic function!! I HATE INSURANCE COMPANIES!! Why approve gastric bypass surgery and agree to pay for a breast reduction but act like my lower skin isn't an issue!!

Ok..sorry..I just knew you guys would understand where I was coming from! thanks for listening

Congrats to all the post ops
Redhaired
on 4/14/09 8:27 am - Mouseville, FL
Even if the bari surgeon will not write a letter -- get a copy of the treatment records to submit.

whisperingliz
on 4/14/09 9:37 am, edited 4/14/09 9:44 am - paramount, CA
I had to appeal my  tt. Ridiculous how they approved my brachio but not my tummy. I had sever rashes with infections and they didnt approve me?? Well, i got the doctor to sign some paperwork , and I had to get nasty and sent in pictures of my infections along with  explanations of each picture and how often i got these infections. I then got approved.  Wish everything goes well!
Most Active