Finally found a surgeon and harmonic scalpel?

trudie74
on 4/13/09 11:38 am - Round Rock, TX
I had my 5th consult and liked him very much.  Dr. Tjelmeland in Austin...if anyone knows him please give feedback!  Anyway, he uses a harmonic scalpel and says this reduces pain and recovery substantially...only one drain?!?!

So has anyone had a tummy tuck or other plastic surgery procedures using the harmonic scalpel?

DrL
on 4/13/09 12:52 pm - Houston, TX
Dr T. trained across the sreet at Baylor around the same time as I.  Excellent surgeon.  Haven't heard of the harmonic scalpel in plastics, although I used it in general surgery a lot.  The pain pump more than anything has gotten most of my patients pain scores in the 2-3 out of 10 range the first few days.
John LoMonaco, M.D., F.A.C.S.
Plastic Surgery
Houston, Texas

www.DrLoMonaco.com
www.BodyLiftHouston.com
MelissaF
on 4/14/09 6:55 am - Northwood, IA
Dr. Aly in Iowa City is doing a trial using the harmonic device and I believe it ends soon - it will be interesting to see the results.  They are looking at drainage amounts postop specifically I do believe. I believe he invented the LBL? I could be wrong? Do you know Dr. L?
Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

RNY- 12/04/06 with Dr. Matt Glasock

LBL - 4/28/09 with Dr. Rene Recinos

trudie74
on 4/13/09 9:02 pm - Round Rock, TX
Thanks!  He said he has only been using the scalpel for about 6 months...and the pain pump sounds divine!

Lynne R.
on 4/14/09 1:40 am - Houston, TX

Oh yeah - go for the pain pump if it's available. Dr. L knows what he's talking about!

Lynne

Most Active