Numbness after Brachioplasty

islands02
on 4/14/09 9:05 am - MD
I had Brachioplasty 4 days ago and have noticed the underside of my left arm is numb now.  The right side is slighlty numb, but not as much as the left.  The doctor said this could be a possible side effect from the surgery.  I am wondering if anyone else has had this numbness and if you ever got the feeling back in the arms.  It kinda feels the same as when your feet fall asleep on you.
Thanks for any input.
whisperingliz
on 4/14/09 9:30 am - paramount, CA
oh yes, i had brachio done 3 weeks ago and still have numbness, totally normal.  I've had some different side effects from surgery, but doctor said they were all normal and just part of the healing process.
sel
on 4/14/09 10:17 am - colchester, CT

Yes this is normal. I had same surgery one month ago and am still numb. I had abdominoplasty in July and still have numbness there too. I takes time for nerve endings to repair themselves.

Sher

debbiel
on 4/14/09 11:18 am - poughkeepsie, NY
Hi.. It will be a year for me in June and my are in some places are numb.. they say in time it goes away. Everyone is diferent.. scars,healing etc.. my arm scars are a mess but others look great..Just keep your doctor posted on any....concers you have. Good luck.
BigCityGirl
on 4/14/09 11:33 am - San Diego, CA
I had my brachioplasty back in Jan 08 and I had numbness in both arms.  Today the feeling is back. 
Surgeon: Joseph Grzeskiewicz, M.D., F.A.C.S.
La Jolla Cosmetic Surgery Centre
DEBI R.
on 4/14/09 11:40 am - CORSICANA, TX
I had a LBL & Brachioplasty last Wednesday and I'm still numb everywhere. My arms have stung a couple of times but for the most part they're still numb. Debi

____debi__________200.jpg image by tunie_2006 item11.jpg image by tunie_2006      

minuature pinscher 

(deactivated member)
on 4/14/09 12:11 pm - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
I had Bracchioplasty 2 1/2 weeks ago and am still numb.  Swelling is just starting to go down.  Not much bruising but very numb, the armpit is the worst for me.
Good luck with your healing!
thegraduate120
on 4/14/09 2:24 pm
One more data point - I had brachio in November 08.   I still have some numbness but much less than originally.   I also have some swelling.   Bottom line, it will take months to resolve but gets better bit by bit every week.

islands02
on 4/14/09 11:47 pm - MD
Thanks for all the replies.  It makes me feel better to know that others have experienced the same thing and that I am going thru the normal healing process.  It's very comforting to know that I can jump on these boards and get input from others who have been thru what I am going thru.  Thanks again.
Most Active