TUMMY TUCK! goin for it!!!?!?!?!? so cal. surgeon bcbs?

Carmelita
on 4/6/11 5:33 am - Four Corners, NM

I woke up...and SAID to myself...IM DOIN THIS!!   don't ask me why today of all days..but Im an ox once I make up my mind about sumthin...  I have "settled" for over a year with this...and NO MO!! as of TODAY Im on a MISSION!!  So I need yer help! 

Looking for a PS that takes BCBS Anthem in So Cal.  Ive got WL related PS covered 100%. I will be calling my VSG surgeon for referrals as well.

I want a FULL ABDOMINOPLASTY  tummy tuck...with NO BELLY BUTTON!! (mines so low I don't wanna save it, too old for anymore babies anyways)!

Im plannin on tattooing a cute appropriate sized  "sewing BUTTON, or a SUN"  there...not sure yet...hubby says a light switch or a coin slot (insert token for sex...the dawg!!) 

SO HELP HE HELP ME HELP ME all you VETS  Imma callin ya!! Let me have it the good bad ugly...
Im gonna do an OH search, and scroll back too...no worries...but I rather get it from the horses mouth... 

Tummy Tuck info (without a belly button preferably)?
Surgeon Info?
Recovery?
Caveats?

THANKS YOU GUYS!
shellymor
on 4/7/11 2:28 am - TX
It sounds like you are mentally there! That's good. I had a lbl and kept my bellybutton, but your idea sounds unique and interesting. I know of a few others who did that, too, and they are happy with it.

My surgeon, Dr. John LoMonaco is in Houston, and he is wonderful.

My recovery was really much better than I expected. I did cardio out the wazoo in the months leading up to it, and I also increased my protein intake to 150 g a day for a few weeks prior and several months after. Both greatly helped my healing.

Caveats- none.

I'm looking forward to someday having my arms done.

All the best to you on your journey-
too.busymom
on 4/11/11 1:17 pm
My doctor is Dr. George Sanders in Encino, CA; and he is a Blue Cross/Blue Shield preferred provider and will work with your insurance!  (I have the same coverage, and my bl has been deemed medically necessary!). 
His web site is: www.drsanders.com/
I have a good friend who did the BL/BA with him, and several years later is still THRILLED with the results.  I was hoping to do the tummy tuck now, but will have to wait for the second phase.
Feel free to tell him I sent you.
(My own surgery is in less than 4 weeks!)
Good luck!

Most Active