Brachio in Mexico

HamsterLuv
on 4/20/11 1:30 am - IL
Hey everyone.  I'm looking for some info and advice.  Any responses are  appreciated as long as they are constructive and not rude.  I am looking into brachioplasty as I have lost around 150 lbs and have lots of loose skin.  It is so embarrassing that I can not even wear short sleeves.

As you all know, PS in the US is outrageous, especially in the Chicago area.  The surgeon's fee is reasonable, but the hospital wants approx 10k for outpatient!!!  I've never met anybody who has paid that much for ANY cosmetic procedure ANYWHERE.   That, to me, is a rip-off.

I have been reading a lot about Dr Saucedo out of Monterrey MX and I know some people on this board have gone to him for certain procedures.  His website contains a lot of information and seems absoluteley wonderful.  My concern is that it all seems to good to be true.

I read through each section and of course, the section on pricing.  It states that the brachio procedure is around $4,500 and it also mentions something about all inclusive packages.  Does this mean that the cost for the "all inclusive package" is in addition to the cost of the procedure?  If so, then it seems it will cost me around the same as it does here in the US.  I know I can contact his office and get the info, but I feel more comfortable starting here.  Also, I didn't notice a phone number anywhere on the website, I'd rather call his office to get the info and I do speak some Spanish.

I was really hoping to get this procedure done before the summer so I could show off my new arms, but that doesn't look like that's going to happen.  I know I have to think reasonably and logically about this.  This is about my health and my well-being and this isn't a decision that should be made hastily or taken lightly.  

Thanks to anyone who can be of help.  ~Michelle 
girlongixxer
on 4/20/11 6:53 am - Houston, TX

Not too sure about the one you mentioned, but my best friends cousin went through this surgeon:

http://www.bajacosmeticprocedures.com/body.html

HamsterLuv
on 4/20/11 7:33 am - IL

Thanks for the info.  ~Michelle

levittown_loser
on 4/20/11 8:22 am - Levittown, PA
Dr. Sauceda is a great guy! His care is amazing. His prices listed are for single procedures and are not all inclusive. If you get multiple procedures done he does lower the overall package price. Once that goes over 5 or 6k (can't remember already!) then it goes all inclusive meaning your hotel, garments etc. And 600. back in airfare money.

He does not have an office staff and uses his cell most of the time. It's best to send him an email and he will get back to you pretty quickly.

HW 341/SW 309/CW 169/GW 190   172 lb. loss with my DS -  Subscribe to me on YouTube!
Plastics with Dr. Sauceda 1-11-11 Lower Body Lift, Thigh Lift, Upper Body Lift, Arm Lift and Male Breast Reduction

If you are a MALE and are interested in MALE PLASTICS AFTER WLS click to join our OH Group!

HamsterLuv
on 4/20/11 11:58 pm - IL
Thanks.  I did email him last night.  I will hopefully get a response soon.  Michelle
greenbaygirl
on 4/20/11 8:43 pm - Hobart, WI
Hello Michelle,

Ii had a brachio in MEXICALI in October 2010, so I am 6 months out now.  I had 2 procedures, so I am not sure what the brachio price is, but I can tell you that my price was all inclusive.  I had an American/Mexican board certified plastic surgeon with 22 years experience and an excellent hospital experience.  I paid less than $4500 for my arms.  If interested, please PM me.  GoodLuck

HamsterLuv
on 4/20/11 11:57 pm - IL
Thanks, I will PM you.  Michelle
Crazeru
on 4/21/11 5:59 am
Hi Michelle,
I went to Dr Sauceda in Jan of this year.  I did combine a few procedures as I wanted it all done at one time.  I had the LBL, BL, arms, and upper thigh lift, then 4 days later a full facelift.  I do have pics on Dr Sauceda's board.  Do a friend request and I'll send you the password.  My arms are 14 weeks out today.  I think they are looking great.

I went dancing Tue night with a capped sleeve top and didn't care if anyone saw my scars or not.  You can click on Dr Sauceda in my siggy line and will go to his board here on OH. 

Chris
HW/225 - 5'1" ~ SW/205/after surgery 215 ~ CW/145~ BMI-25.8~Normal BMI 132 ~DS Dr Rabkin 4/17/08
Plastics in Monterrey - See Group on OH Dr Sauceda Jan 13, 2011
LBL, BL, small thigh lift, arms & a full facelift on 1/17/11
UBL 1/21/13
Love my Body by Sauceda

Iam_with_the_Band
on 4/25/11 10:20 pm
I went with Dr. Sauceda also!  December 2009, I had a brachioplasty and a TT.  I'm returning in one month from today for an Anchor Cut TT, BA/BL, Butt Lift, LBL and full facelift with neck and eyes.  My charge was 1/4 of what I would have been charged in the states for all of those procedures.

As Tom said it is all inclusive meaning - he pays for everything (hotel, $600 for flight cost, private nurse to visit you in your hotel every am to help you shower and change your dressings, 2 compression garments as needed, time spent in the hospital after your surgery and any cost to get to and from the airport) if your surgery is$6,000 or greater.

I can't say enough good about Dr. Sauceda or his staff.  I had my surgery on a tuesday and stayed at the hospital until Saturday.  I went to the hotel and received a visit every morning by his RN, Patti to help me shower and dress for the day.  She speaks english and was just a joy.  It did seem too real to be true before I went, but I can tell you - it is very true and Dr Sauceda is even better in person!

I can't wait to get there and get the rest of my surgeries done! 

Any questions visit his forum!

12/09 and 6/11, 9 skin removal procedures with Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey Mexico
Revised to the Sleeve after losing 271 lbs with the LapBand. 

Most Active