Insurance Denied for Panniculectomy

fluffyk1977
on 5/15/11 3:43 pm, edited 5/15/11 3:47 pm
Finally got word back from United Healthcare that they will not cover my panniculectomy.  I guess that was the answer I was expecting - I did not meet the requirements for skin breakdown or amount of redundant skin.  Still was a bummer to get the news. Now that I am self pay + Flex $, I am going to hold until this fall and will only do the extended TT, waiting until next year on the BL. 
I did have to get my Dr. to write a letter of medical necessity to the IRS to use my flex. There is still a chance they will deem it cosmetic and not applicable for the funds but I am going to have to take that risk or I lose the $4000.  Here are a couple of images of what is considered cosmetic by United.  It does not look too terrible in these pics, admitttedly, but I sure hate living with it.  I am down about 6 lbs from these and it is more wrinkly. 
Edited to correct photos
DSC00155 DSC00156  
Vertical Banded Gastroplasty 3/3/10
High/Day of Surgery/Goal/Current: 244 / 238 / 128 / 130
33 years old, 5'4" Tall      
Plastics by Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey 8/30/2011: Extended TT, BL/BA

Bonnie ABC
on 5/15/11 7:00 pm - Smiths Falls, Canada
RNY on 09/16/08 with
Sorry for your denial.. but I would have given my right eye to look like that after losing weight.  Sorry.

Bonnie

I can do hard things, life is teaching me that I can.
             Lost 222lbs with rny, 20 lbs regain.

Plastics, July 2010 with Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey, Mexico
katsparks
on 5/16/11 9:40 am - Auburn, CA
I also would have given anything to have my tummy look like yours after surgery. My tummy hangs a good 2 inches past my pubic line and I can pull the skin about 8" off my bones. Sorry for your denial. Good luck this fall!

SW:270         GW: 125         CW:104(and still losing)
New Goal Weight: Whereever my body feels most comfortable and stops losing.

Abdominoplasty with Dr. Scott Green: 10/11/11
mzlwood1
on 3/23/12 9:38 am
You should google Aralile Cosmetics. They are really cheap and board certified. Under 3500. Goodluck~
Most Active