Tummy Tuck

Teresa B.
on 7/23/11 9:09 am - Marion, IL
I'm in the process of getting ready to get a TT.  Can anyone tell me some pros and cons about this. Also how long were you off work, I have a clerical job with no lifting.   

Thanks for your replies!!

Teresa  I now have a new & healthy life!

HW 245/ PO 242.8 /SW 234.1/ GW 145 CW 132 (Total Loss -110.8 lbs)

cyndi U.
on 7/23/11 10:12 am - forney, TX
I had a LBL with thigh lift.  Was off for 2 weeks & went back to a desk job.  I do only work 4 days/week tho.  I was fine but VERY tired by the time I got home each day!  Literally did nothing after I got home & weekends. 

Cyndi U
Gastric Bypass, Dr. Daniel Jones, Dallas, 2003
LBL, Lipo, Butt Aug, Full Thigh Lift, hernia repair - 5/5/11, Baylor Houston Residency Program - Dr. Echo & Dr. Bullocks
BL/BA, brachioplasty - 8/26/11, Baylor Houston Residency Program - Dr. Lee & Dr. Bullocks

jtsmom02
on 7/23/11 11:46 pm - Mineola, TX
You can see in my signature what I had done.  I was back to work in 2 weeks.  It was tough, but doable. 

There are NO cons in my opinion.  Sure, it was tough/painful and still is a bit sometimes.  It's costly and there are scars.  But I'd do it all again tomorrow!  

Best of luck to you! 

Laina B.
250 / 160
9/9/03 Lap RNY
(Dr Charles Beall, Tyler TX - AWESOME!!!)
5/13/11 Cholecystectomy, extended abdominoplasty (anchor cut), and mastopexy
(Dr Charles Beall and Dr James Saar, Tyler TX - AWESOME!!!)
8/26/11 Abdominoplasty revision
(Dr James Saar, Tyler TX - AWESOME!!!)

Teresa B.
on 7/24/11 4:58 am - Marion, IL
My question is for both of you ladies, I'm only having a TT (what is a LBL?).  So bearing no complacations do you think it would be possible to go back to a desk job with some getting up and down and 3 to 3 1/2 weeks.

Thanks for your replies.  
Teresa  I now have a new & healthy life!

HW 245/ PO 242.8 /SW 234.1/ GW 145 CW 132 (Total Loss -110.8 lbs)

Judy_in_Jville
on 7/24/11 12:05 pm
Hi Teresa,
I had an extended tummy tuck with muscle tightening and some lip and went back to a desk job at two weeks. No problems! It has been 9 months ago now and it seems like years ago. I am very pleased!

Judy 
jtsmom02
on 7/24/11 11:15 pm - Mineola, TX
I'd definitely say yes.  You will be exhausted by the end of the day.  But you can do it. 

Laina B.
250 / 160
9/9/03 Lap RNY
(Dr Charles Beall, Tyler TX - AWESOME!!!)
5/13/11 Cholecystectomy, extended abdominoplasty (anchor cut), and mastopexy
(Dr Charles Beall and Dr James Saar, Tyler TX - AWESOME!!!)
8/26/11 Abdominoplasty revision
(Dr James Saar, Tyler TX - AWESOME!!!)

luvscessna
on 7/24/11 11:28 am - Fort Worth, TX
Hello,
A LBL is a Lower Body Lift. It's an expanded version of a Tummy Tuck. They cut you all around your body in a circle and pull up the booty to where it used to be, flatten/tighten the stomach muscles, and tighten up the skin over the stomach. I am having my LBL within the next week or two, and plan to be out about 6 weeks. But I have a very physically demanding job. So depending on how YOU feel after surgery and IF your DR is comfortable with your progress, you MIGHT be able to go back at the 3 to 31/2 mark.

Good luck!
Gail

9/2008 - Sleeve - Lost 100 lbs!
9/2011 - Lower Body Lift - Lost 8 lbs of skin and fat!

Most Active