anyone whose insurance covered brachioplasty???

cindigirl72
on 8/16/11 8:56 pm
I am about to consult with the plastic surgeon.  If anyone got their brachioplasty and/or mastopexy covered, do you mind sharing what criteria was given to get it approved??  I also need an abdominoplasty, but I don't think that will be much of a problem with the medical necessity.

mkbeany
on 8/16/11 11:48 pm
My TT, Brachioplasty and Mastopexy have all been approved by my insurance company.

I had no skin issues at all.

But I have lost 167 pounds and have alot of extra skin and stuff hanging around. It does cause me discomfort but I have no rashes or anything like that.

At my first plastics appt they took about 25 pics of me wearing nothing but a paper thong...submitted to BCBS and I was approved for all in a few weeks...all deemed medically necessary.

(even my surgeon was shocked at the approval of the arms so quickly!)

But I tell ya...the pics speak volumes. I think I look disfigured...I really do.

Anyway...belly goes first! This Monday!!
Breasts and arms will follow in Dec.

Good luck on your journey!
"And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. " -- Anais Nin

Revised from Band to Bypass 10/26/09
High Wt 355/ Surgery Wt 343 (BMI 61) / Current Wt 190 on 3/17/12

TT/Fleur De Lis 8/22/11
Mastopexy and Brachioplasty 12/14/11
cindigirl72
on 8/17/11 6:38 am

Congratulations, and I wish you all the best with your surgeries.  Hopefully, I can have the same luck with my insurance.  Appreciate your response.

pycca
on 8/20/11 2:35 am - Haslet, TX
I am in FT WORTH, how close is your DR?  I do think I am having lower back, mid back,neck pain and do suffer at least once a month from rash,,, from all the  skin and weight loss...it's a pain !! LOL 

Any suggestions ??

Deb
proudauntie
on 8/17/11 7:02 am - Honolulu, HI
My insurance didn't cover either procedure but my doctor wrote a letter that it was a medical necessity and I was able to write off the cost on my taxes.
Most Active