Looking for member who posted this problem. I need help!

Newlifeagain
on 8/23/11 1:55 am - Bakersfield, CA

Good morning everyone! 

Several weeks ago, I read either on the main board or this plastic surgery board, about a woman who was going through a problem with numbness in her leg or legs.  She mentioned that her physician said something about a nerve that was causing her this problem.  If memory serves me right, she also mentioned that she may have gone through physical therapy, but it would take some time for the problem to correct itself.  Do any of you remember this issue being mentioned, and/or the person who mentioned it?  Is it possible that the person who wrote the blog is reading my post at this time?  Is so, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE respond to my post ASAP!!!

About a month ago, I developed numbness in my right foot.  It is still there to this day.  I do and have always had a severe problem with both my left and right hip sciatic nerves - with my right being the worse.  I went to my chiropractor and he's done several measures of therapy, but to no avail.  I went and had a CAT scan done yesterday.  I understand that my physicians are now looking into the fact that I might have a pinched nerved in my lower spine.  Not good!  I haven't been able to exercise in over a month now - and just when I had started and LOVED ZUMBA!!!  Rats!!!

How I continue to try and have a good attitude, is to know that, had I not had wls and was still carrying all those extra 156 + pounds that I "wore" prior to this wonderful blessing, I would REALLY be in trouble right about now! 

Well OH family, if anyone of you can provide information regarding this problem, or knows the member of whom I'm speaking of, I'd appreciate you feed-back more than you know!  You all are the BEST source of information and help anywhere!    Love you much!

Rose

Crazeru
on 8/23/11 4:15 am
Hi Rose,
Have you tried Bowen Therapy?  It's a structural, muscle manipulation that isn't like any of the other modalities.  Can you do a trip up to Sacramento? 

www.bowenbyalbert.com - This is my instructor, his website has great info on what Bowen Therapy is and what it helps.

Chris
HW/225 - 5'1" ~ SW/205/after surgery 215 ~ CW/145~ BMI-25.8~Normal BMI 132 ~DS Dr Rabkin 4/17/08
Plastics in Monterrey - See Group on OH Dr Sauceda Jan 13, 2011
LBL, BL, small thigh lift, arms & a full facelift on 1/17/11
UBL 1/21/13
Love my Body by Sauceda

siberiancat
on 8/23/11 8:28 am - COLUMBIA CITY, IN
I would put "leg numbness" or something more descriptive in your post title.  You might get a better response.
 Penny
Highest Weight 255  * Wt loss includes 19 lb lost before surgery

Newlifeagain
on 8/23/11 8:43 am - Bakersfield, CA
Ok.  Thank you so much!  I'll try it again. :)
Crazeru
on 8/23/11 9:02 am
With my DS I was numb down the outside of my thigh for months.  I did keep doing Bowen moves down the TFL and eventually, all the feeling came back.  There was one lady in our group who had her foot going to sleep while she was in the clinic, it did get better, but it took a while.  I think she was posting in March on Dr Sauceda's group.

Chris
HW/225 - 5'1" ~ SW/205/after surgery 215 ~ CW/145~ BMI-25.8~Normal BMI 132 ~DS Dr Rabkin 4/17/08
UBL 1/21/13
Love my Body by Sauceda

Newlifeagain
on 8/23/11 9:12 am - Bakersfield, CA
Hi Chris,

I'm 7 years post-op, so I truly think it's something else going on.  I guess I should have titled this post differently - like OT, leg numbness after 7 yrs, or something like that.  I truly apologize for any confusion.  :(  I just know that this board has always been the best at helping to figure out what is going on, and giving such wonderful advice.  I've been on here for 7 + years, and I still come almost every single day - even if I don't post anything, I read a lot and take away great information.  :)  And you've given lots of it as well.  Thanks so much!

Take care and God bless,
Rose
Crazeru
on 8/23/11 11:00 am
Hi Rose,

I just mentioned that Bowen did help me get feeling back in my TFL after my DS.  Mostly I get treatments for my back and shoulders.  When I was in NYC for Dr Sauceda's reunion, I ended up working on a couple of people, one on her ankles and shoulder, another on their back.  It's nice that it's done while the client is fully clothed. 

I've been working on my daughter since her auto accident in May, she wa**** on the front end and sent her car into a 360.  She's been having problems with her hands going to sleep, which as a hair stylist, isn't a good thing. 

I just mentioned it, as it can help a lot of problems with the body.  You may need to have nerve testing done to make sure there isn't a problem along the nerve.

Chris
UBL 1/21/13
Love my Body by Sauceda

Newlifeagain
on 8/24/11 1:00 am, edited 8/24/11 1:01 am - Bakersfield, CA
Hi Chris,

It would be awesome if I could have those treatments. I live about 4 hours away from San Francisco, the dr. that does that technique here in California. I have no doubt that it would help me some.

I did hear from my physician's office yesterday afternoon with the results of the CAT scan. I guess I was a bit distraught and I don't remember which disc, but the results of my test is that I do have a bulging disc which in "greatly" inpinging (sp ?) pinching a nerve in my lower back, causing the problems that I have. SO - I have an appointment this Friday to discuss "treatment" options - one of which she already mentioned is epidural pain injections. NO!!! That is not the FIX - that's just a band-aid in my opinion. My ex-husband went through that for years and then ended up having, not one or two, but three (3) back surgeries and he still isn't right to this day - some 15 years later! If I still sound distraught - I AM - so please forgive me.

Your advice is invaluable and I truly wish that there were someone closer to me performing the Bowen treatments. Oh well, this TOO shall pass and I shall survive! I'll just keep remembering how blessed I am to have had wls and this wonderful second chance at good/better health!!!

Take care,
Rose

P.S. I pray that your daughter gets much better and recieve complete healing very soon! :o)
Crazeru
on 8/24/11 10:46 am
Rose,
I sent you a PM with 3 bowen therapists - one near Fresno and 2 in LA.  Give Bowen a try it's definitely easier than surgery or staying on pain meds.

If you ever get up to Sacramento, let me know!  The table is still setup in the living room, while I've been working on my daughter.  It's hard to watch, but she's an adult, and I know she's really bad when she lets me work on her.  I'm trying to get at least 1 session a week for 6 weeks, then go from there. 

Can you imagine how bad your back would have been before losing the weight?  Let me know if you decide to give Bowen a try and tell me how it goes.

Chris
UBL 1/21/13
Love my Body by Sauceda

(deactivated member)
on 9/6/11 1:20 pm - Yorktown, VA
This can also be a sign of a bad B1 deficiency, which can lead to nuerological problems that are not always reversible.  Get your B vite levels checked via bloodwork just to rule that out!

Good luck!
Most Active