anyone have mastopexy and brachioplasty at same time?

debtfree
on 8/25/11 10:54 pm - OK
Oct 5th I am having breast lift and batwings.  I will have a seam going elbow to armpit and armpit down the side.  I'm curious if you had this done how many weeks was the swelling the worst.  Just mentally trying to prepare myself.  What was the worst part of the ordeal?  I survived the LBL last year so hoping this one will be easier.

190 lbs lost
VSG 07/2008
lower body lift 10/2010
upper body lift 11/2011

tjherbert
on 8/26/11 4:57 am - Thompson, OH
Yes, I had exactly those 2 things done together last November 2.  I was amazed at how relatively pain free it was.  Had 2 drains that was the worst part.  But I was driving and doing regular things (obviously no heavy lifting, upper body workouts, etc.) in 5 days.  I felt good enough to have my LBL done exactly 2 weeks later.  THAT was not so easy.  You should be fine with those 2 procedures. 
debtfree
on 8/29/11 1:38 am - OK

yep that LBL was a bugger for me too!!!  I am so glad you responded to my post and so relieved.  I realize everyone is different but you give me so much hope!!!!!  He just kept talking about swelling being a big issue because of having a seam running from elbow to armpit then from armpit down the sides and it started making me worry.

190 lbs lost
VSG 07/2008
lower body lift 10/2010
upper body lift 11/2011

ericaFG
on 8/29/11 2:00 pm - Cambridge, Canada
I didn't have them done together - but I found both arms and breast to be VERY easy recovery and very little pain. 

This time I had my BL done with a scar revision to my arms...so not the full arm lift, but still incisions in that area.

WAY easier than my TT.
Proud Member of the Cambridge Crew!    
HW293/LW147/CW158   Height 5'9"  Working on Maintenance!
Fleur de lis TT and Brachioplasty - Oct. 19, 2010 Breast reduction and scar revision August 2, 2011

Most Active