Just beginning the search for a great plastic surgeon for LBL in the future...

judyalbertson
on 9/24/11 8:35 am
i know Dr. Sauceda has a lot of fans and he is on my list of possible surgeons.  Monterrey is turning into an unsafe city for violence and that makes me a bit nervous.  I went to Mexicali for my VSG with Dr. Aceves and I was never scared for a second.  Dr. Quiroz has a lot of great feedback, but other people have said he is horrible.  I don't know of any good plastic surgeons in my area of Oregon and even if I found one, I'm sure I couldn't afford him or her. 
Can you please give me some insight to who are truly the best plastic surgeons after weight loss? 
I am thinking about having surgery next spring or even sooner.
thanks!
Judy
cme
on 9/24/11 11:35 am - Lyman, ME
VSG on 10/18/07 with
I am going to see Dr S in Jan. I understand your concerns, but I have talked to so many people and seen so many pictures, that as long as you stay within the hotel area, I do not think there is much to worry about.

Good luck with your decision.

~B
Iam_with_the_Band
on 9/24/11 11:01 pm
I personally wouldn't allow Dr. Quiroz on operate on my dog!  He really has done some very unsafe things with other people on this forum. 

I've gone to Monterrey twice and have always felt extemely safe.  Dr. Sauceda goes out of his way to take care of his patients.  The hotel is top notch and there is security present 24/7.  If Dr. Sauceda can't take you himself due to surgery, he has a driver who works for him who will transport you to the airport, as well as pick you up.  Dr. Sauceda's patients have a forum here and you can read and the accounts of his recent patients.

You will be very well cared for by Dr. Sauceda and his staff. 

12/09 and 6/11, 9 skin removal procedures with Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey Mexico
Revised to the Sleeve after losing 271 lbs with the LapBand. 

judyalbertson
on 9/25/11 11:38 am
Thank you so much!
Laura in Texas
on 9/24/11 11:52 pm
I'm with Dee on this one. I'm an internet and research junkie. I would not let Dr. Quiroz touch me if my life depended on it. I would have gone to Dr. S if I did not have small children at home. I'm a single mom and could not have been away from them that long.

Laura

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Lee ~
on 9/25/11 1:37 am - CA

I understand your concern about Mexico.  I can tell you that there are a lot of high crime areas in my city where I wouldn't walk alone at night.  I'm taking the same tact with Monterrey.  I think that Dr. S is the guy for me so I've decided to go.  I've heard from everyone on Dr. S's group page that the hotel is very safe so I'm just planning to stay in once the sun goes down at night, the same as I would in any foreign city that I had reservations about.

My surgery is planned for early December.  Good luck in making your selections of a surgeon!

HW: 249   SW: 229 GW: 149 Age: 63 - Body by Sauceda - 12/2011

luvscessna
on 9/25/11 2:34 am - Fort Worth, TX
Just to let you know there is another option, a plastic surgery residency program. Do some research and see if there is one close by. You might be surprised by their pricing.
judyalbertson
on 9/25/11 11:40 am
Thanks to all of you for your helpful replies!
Judy
Most Active