day 4 post op upper body lift/arms & girls

debtfree
on 11/6/11 4:11 am - OK
Today was the first day to take off the compression and get a shower.  It felt so good.  My incisions look pretty scary.  They go from armpit down to my hips and then to my inner elbows on the other end.  The girls are like two round big pancakes but I'm guessing the shape starts taking place later as swelling goes down and when they aren't smashed flat in compression.  

I actually went to a movie!! It wore me out but was nice to put on normal clothes and go somewhere. Tomorrow I am getting a face peel since its perfect timing with being off work for 2 weeks.   I guess I am a gluten for pain! LOL.

Been struggling off and on with depression at bit and it didn't help that I weighed. Yes I know better.  I am up 10 freaking pounds even on day 4!!!!!  That really messes with you even though you know its temporary.  Plus husband is still out of work so I'm sure the depression is coming form that as well.  I am very blessed to be doing so well in my recovery.  Just wanted to report in.

190 lbs lost
VSG 07/2008
lower body lift 10/2010
upper body lift 11/2011

Shelly S.
on 11/6/11 4:19 am - Mason, MI
So glad to hear you are progressing so smoothly. Take it easy and God bless.
Shelly Smith    
HW 326 SW 293 CW 180 GW 160        
pixielee
on 11/6/11 10:50 pm - Twinsburg, OH
you  are doing better than me.  I can't imagine trying to put on normal clathes with 4 drains. Lets not even talk about my hair!  I'm sticking to home!  Glad you are doing well.

Kate

debtfree
on 11/7/11 1:22 am - OK
 OH my hair is NASTY!!!  Husbands do not have a clue how to fix hair.  I am so thankful that I went home with no drains. That was such an unexpected blessing!!

190 lbs lost
VSG 07/2008
lower body lift 10/2010
upper body lift 11/2011

laurak712
on 11/8/11 12:53 am - New Braunfels, TX
Hey girl, I just had arms and thighs done last Wednesday so I feel your pain, lol.  I had no drains either this time.  I did with the LBL last year but not this time.  Boy was that nice.  I'll be thinking of ya.

Laura

Height 5' 7

(deactivated member)
on 11/8/11 1:26 am
It sounds like you're moving right along. Hopefully the rest of your recovery goes smoothly.
Most Active