recovery from plastic is perfect time for face peel

debtfree
on 11/8/11 8:16 am - OK
 I have a friend who is a face plastic surgeon and blessed me with a gift of a face peel during my recovery.  A face peel is something that you don't really want to be seen for about 7 to 10 days because your face is red, brown, and well...peeling.  So...perfect to be home while you recovery from your plastics.  Then you go back to the real world really looking fresh!  ;)

Anyway, just thought I would share that idea out there.

190 lbs lost
VSG 07/2008
lower body lift 10/2010
upper body lift 11/2011

waitinggame
on 11/8/11 8:13 pm - Bowie, MD
I considered it during my immediate postop time but decided against it because I was scared to ask my body to do any more healing since I was already struggling with low iron and my surgeon agreed. I really would love to see and hear how yours went though because I'm getting one soon. What level peel did you do?

Thanks!!

Denise
debtfree
on 11/9/11 1:56 am - OK
 Well , you know I had the major iron issues and needed infusions before I could have surgery.  My plastic surgeon was fine with it and actually said it was perfect timing and wouldn't interfere with my body healing.  I did a laser peel.  Today I look like I should be running around screaming "I'm melting, I'm melting.."  LOL

190 lbs lost
VSG 07/2008
lower body lift 10/2010
upper body lift 11/2011

waitinggame
on 11/9/11 3:03 am - Bowie, MD
Perhaps if I'd have gotten my iron up I'd have braved it. I'm doing a chemical peel--I'm told it is a mid level and I should be able to venture out in public even with the after effects. We'll see about that. Think I'll plan it for right after Thanksgiving so I'm better for Christmas.

Have a good day!

Check out my blog--menumealplanning.com. Tales of making meal planning managable, family fodder, and everything else under the sun. 

RNY 2/3/09, LBL/BL w/Augmentation 9/16/11
Start weight: 335 Current weight: 185 Goal weight: Whatever the hell I can maintain without driving myself insane

ButterflyCenturyCard-5.gif picture by barbccrn

*6.5 lost preop

pixielee
on 11/9/11 4:43 am - Twinsburg, OH
so what is the pain level.  Considering doing a peel or laser treatment of some type when I have my lower face lift done.

Kate

debtfree
on 11/9/11 10:10 am - OK
 My buddy the doc told me that the laser hurts being done and the chemical hurts afterwards.  I  haven't had any pain just slight discomfort with tightness, itching kind of thing.  But, they had to give me versaid (however you spell it) during the actual treatment.

190 lbs lost
VSG 07/2008
lower body lift 10/2010
upper body lift 11/2011

Most Active