First round of Plastics next week

MikeyMike
on 11/11/11 8:20 am - New York, NY
I'm entering the next phase of my journey...Plastics.

I'm scheduled for a Circumferential Lower Body Lift on Friday 11/18.

I feel just as I did pre-op with the VSG. I'm Nervous, Excited and Scared all at the same time.

Please...I need as much advice as you can spare

Highest Weight: 380                      Consult Weight: 357             Surgery Weight: 309 
Goal Weight: 220 (9/29/10)      Revised Goal Range 215-220         Current Weight: 224
Plastics: Circumferential Lower Body Lift - 11/18/2011
              Gynecomastia - 6/14/2012

cme
on 11/11/11 8:47 am - Lyman, ME
VSG on 10/18/07 with
Congratulations!! Happy healing vibes, being sent your way.
Please keep us posted on your progress.

Bethany

VSG 10/18/07 HW 231 GW 150 CW 147
Been maitianing same weight since March 23 , 2008
Plastics w/ Dr Sauceda Jan 02, 2012 Tummy tuck, Breast lift w/ implants.

Saudb
on 11/11/11 9:34 am
Hi Fellow VSG'er,

I just had a tummy tuck on 11/4 after losing 100lbs. The best advice I can give you is if your Dr. offers a pain pump take it. Take your pain meds on time weather you think you need them or not. I think this is why I experience minimual pain. Make sure you take colace with your pain meds.

Let me know if I can answer anymore questions.

Good luck

Havalina
on 11/11/11 10:07 am
No advice really as I have not had mine done yet. But, I wanted to say congrats to you and good luck. Wishing a quick recovery.
 VSG  Aug 9, 2010 with Dr. Shieh in Fort Myers, FL    
HW 366 Day of Surgery 334
PS: Extended TT, Arm Lift, Fat Transfer to the rear 6/6/2012.

Zombie
on 11/11/11 10:37 am
Hey there MikeyMike, don't sweat it. I am 3 months out, the worst for me painwise was the 3rd day, that is when it was a pain of like 10. After that it got easier. Just look at the list I gave you and I can tell you the most important things right now.  If you have a recliner you are half way there, if not, get one, I slept in mine for like a month and a half. It makes it a lot easier to get up. If you have a walker or can borrow one, you will need it the first week. When you go in for surgery ask if you can have a compression vest, with the little hooks in the front, that's what I wore the whole time and still do for the swelling. Just have everything within arms reach, like the tv remote, your laptop, drinks, snacks. Need anything else, just ask. You will do great.

~Paul~

MikeyMike
on 11/11/11 8:05 pm - New York, NY
Thanks,

I do have a recliner although it's downstairs in the basement. I didn't have trouble doing stairs after my VSG.

Will I be able to go up and down a flight of stairs after surgery?

Highest Weight: 380                      Consult Weight: 357             Surgery Weight: 309 
Goal Weight: 220 (9/29/10)      Revised Goal Range 215-220         Current Weight: 224
Plastics: Circumferential Lower Body Lift - 11/18/2011
              Gynecomastia - 6/14/2012

Zombie
on 11/12/11 1:29 am
I would say yes. The pain I was in after RNY and the pain I was in after this were 2 totally different types. This surgery by far, the pain was worse. I would try to get that recliner upstairs if possible or plan on spending at least a few days down stairs. The recliner was the best part of my recovery and also where I slept for like 6 weeks. I'm not saying no entirely because people handle pain differently, buty I'm just saying from my experience, it was tough going up and down stairs, I had to do one time and it took too much out of me.

~Paul~

Most Active