4 Day Post Op update - LBL

MikeyMike
on 11/23/11 2:09 am, edited 11/23/11 2:50 am - New York, NY

Had my Circumferential Lower Body Lift last Friday.

Had a follow-up visit on Monday. The doctor said I was doing great. He said make sure I get alot of rest. Measure my drainage output. He said once every eight hours or so was fine as I was doing it every four.

He said the four drains are going to be there for at least another week to week and a half. I asked him how to minimize complications. He said we are doing that by keeping the drains in. He doesn't like to remove them early. The biggest complication you can have at this point is to develop a seroma. The drains help with that.

He told me to come back next Monday for another followup.

I'm very tired. I do end up sleeping alot. I can't seem to get comfortable in the bed. I love my recliner. I'm not fond of the way his assistant dressed my bandages. Also feeling icky. So I'm going to have my wife change the bandages and 'll get cleaned up around the same time. Hopefully I can have her take some pictures so I can really see the work.

I could see some of it in the mirror he showed me. I'm still swollen but I could see the progress. The one thing I notice right away is a lost my sharpae butt. So far I'm happy and feel good.

Highest Weight: 380                      Consult Weight: 357             Surgery Weight: 309 
Goal Weight: 220 (9/29/10)      Revised Goal Range 215-220         Current Weight: 224
Plastics: Circumferential Lower Body Lift - 11/18/2011
              Gynecomastia - 6/14/2012

waitinggame
on 11/23/11 3:14 am - Bowie, MD
Sounds like you are coming along great! No surprise that you are tired. You will be for a while. Once you get cleaned up a little you'll feel so much better.  My recliner was a saving grace!

Have a great Thanksgiving!!! And good riddance Sharpei butt!!

Take care!

Denise

Check out my blog--menumealplanning.com. Tales of making meal planning managable, family fodder, and everything else under the sun. 

RNY 2/3/09, LBL/BL w/Augmentation 9/16/11
Start weight: 335 Current weight: 185 Goal weight: Whatever the hell I can maintain without driving myself insane

ButterflyCenturyCard-5.gif picture by barbccrn

*6.5 lost preop

(deactivated member)
on 11/23/11 3:36 am

Glad to hear your doing well, don't try to do too much at once that first week is a doozie. If you drains are only in for 2 weeks or so you'll be doing good. I had mine in for 6 weeks.

Plastics does help get rid of the wrinkly parts as well.

Speedy healing

Bubba

pixielee
on 11/23/11 3:46 am - Twinsburg, OH
Glad to hear your recovery is going well. I can't wait to lose my sharpei butt!!!

Kate

strawberry28
on 11/23/11 3:57 am - somewhere, MD
Hey there.

Looks like we both had work done n the same day. Glad to hear you are progressing well. Continue to take good care.
SW= 268     
CW= 145  ***GOAL REACHED on Christmas Day 2010****             
GW=145
5'6"       BMI= 23
 LapBand 3/2006 to Revision DS 12/2009
Get the FACTS about the Duodenal Switch at www.DSFACTS.com or http://www.duodenalswitch.com/

Extended Tummy Tuck, BL/BA scheduled for 11/18/11 Dr. Larry Lickstein          

PBJ
on 11/23/11 12:36 pm
Hi MikeyMike,

So glad to hear you are doing ok..have been thinking about you.  Don't fight the being tired..rest, rest and rest more!  your body needs to heal and the rest will help you do that!  glad to hear things are going good and can't wait to see the pictured when you post them!

Take care
Patty
My weight loss journey                                                    
Lee ~
on 11/23/11 12:48 pm - CA
 Mikey, I'm so happy to hear that you're doing so well.  I hope you love your results.  Yay on losing the butt! I'm looking forward to that!

Happy thanksgiving!

HW: 249   SW: 229 GW: 149 Age: 63 - Body by Sauceda - 12/2011

prek-3
on 11/23/11 6:46 pm - Hollywood, FL
Great news Mike!
I too LOVED my recliner! Thank goodness you had surgery at this time of year, hope you LOVE football, your in the best position and bext excuse to watch hours on end right now!

Don't worry about your back ends side view, I am sure your wife is enjoying the back view, I know my husband does! I too had a Lower Body lift.

Rest rest rest and patience wirh the swelling. Chug that protein and do move around.

Congratulations,
Prek3

Nov 10,2009 I reached GOALL BYE  BYE  130 POUNDS! It wasn't about the FOOD, it was about what was eating at YOU!  Time for a Head adjustment!    **July 2011 Plastic Surgery Lower Body Lift

Exercise    is not a LUXURY!

Exercise  is a  NECESSITY

Michelle E.
on 11/23/11 7:09 pm
Congratulations on your LBL.  Speedy recovery and happy healing! Oh heck..enjoy all the TV remote quality time  you can! :)

Michelle
Most Active