25 days post op Brachioplasty/BL

debtfree
on 11/24/11 7:47 pm - OK
Surgery went great.  Only took a couple of the pain meds after getting home.  By 2 weeks I was feeling awesome and except for range of motion and some soreness, pretty much back to normal. Went back to work after a week and a half.  Things were going great.

Then I woke up last Thursday feeling very tired and weak.  Even went to the doctor because I just didn't feel right.  Everything looked fine.  By Friday I had infections popping up with one really big bad red swollen upper right arm.  They immediately began draining and packing the sites.  Ordered the big dog antibiotic, bactrim and took cultures.  MRSA.  Yep, the worst infection you can get.

A couple of days ago I began coming out of my fog.  I had been sleeping almost constantly.  I now have enegy returning although not up to what I was just 7 days post op.  My infection sites are all greatly improving - thank God my body is responding to the antibiotic.  I plan to return back to work again on Monday.  

I only post this because everyone needs to be aware of the different issues that can crop up and be prepared with how to deal.

Even though I have a big hole in my arm, the Dr. says the results of the surgery have not been compromised with this.

190 lbs lost
VSG 07/2008
lower body lift 10/2010
upper body lift 11/2011

newalpha
on 11/24/11 8:14 pm
Amy, hope it is smooth sailing from here. Please take care. You have the rest of your life to regain the conditioning you desire. I know, easier said than done. You will have to give me the same lecture. after my surgery on 12-8. Take care.
Steve
PBJ
on 11/24/11 11:06 pm
I am so glad to hear that you are starting to feel better.  I know you were really bummed by this happening...but those good antibiotics are a life saver..literally!  Yep you are right...these things sometimes do happen , it is the risk  with any surgery.  but the results are worth it!  I am glad that you are resting alot and taking care of yourself...you body needs to heal.  Continue to heal and rest...   take care

Patty
My weight loss journey                                                    
Michelle E.
on 11/24/11 11:48 pm
Oh.. I hope you are feeling better now.. sending prayers your way..

Michelle
Lee ~
on 11/25/11 1:44 am - CA
I'm glad you're coming out of your fog.  I hope this means that you'll be feeling back up to whatever normal is after big surgeries.

I'm so happy that the doc says that your results have not been compromised.  Rest and feel better!

HW: 249   SW: 229 GW: 149 Age: 63 - Body by Sauceda - 12/2011

pixielee
on 11/26/11 2:48 am - Twinsburg, OH
Glad to hear you are feeling better.  Thank God for antibiotics! Good luck on Monday. Don't overdo it.

Kate

(deactivated member)
on 11/27/11 6:46 am
well hopefully this is the worst of the worst and it will be over soon...you will love your results and look back at all of this at some point and it will all be a fog!!! LOL good luck and please keep up your positive attitude because thats half the battle!!! Good luck!!!
Most Active