Did I JINX myself with my great report?

luvscessna
on 12/13/11 9:02 pm - Fort Worth, TX
Yesterday morning, while laying in bed, I rolled to the left trying to pop my lower back. Kindof like a stretch. I wasn't trying to go to fast or far. Well, there was a pop, but on the front side. It wasn't a sound, but a feeling. My first thought was I popped a string that they used to tighten up my muscles. But after I showered, I started to think, maybe I just popped a stitch at the scar? I flung two spots sticking up under the skin at the scar. Kind of reminds me of the little plastic string that holds price tags onto clothing. If you cut it but don't get both sides, it will sit there and poke you. They almost look like a pimple, but when you touch it you can feel the stiffness of the thread and make it lat flat, until you let go and then it sticks right back up again. I contacted my clinic and they are getting the Dr to contact me. If I experience any pain or additional swelling I am to call them back right away.
Has anything like this happened to any of you?

Worried
Gail

9/2008 - Sleeve - Lost 100 lbs!
9/2011 - Lower Body Lift - Lost 8 lbs of skin and fat!

newalpha
on 12/13/11 9:33 pm
Gail, sorry your having a problem with this. I thought after 10 weeks this would not be an issue. I'm only 6 days post so can offer no help. I hope the fix on this is easy or not an uncommon problem. Keep us updated.
waitinggame
on 12/13/11 11:49 pm - Bowie, MD
I have "spit" more stitches than I can count. I pulled out two as recently as last night and I'm 3 months out. I've had 5" ones (from around my nipple--fun), 3 inch ones, and little tiny ones that remind me of a grain of rice. My surgeon always pulls them out once they are exposed (and has even dug a little to get to them), and obviously, I've learned to pull them. If you leave them they will normally form a scab that will just not go away.

I'm hoping that this is what has happened to you and nothing more serious.

Let us know! 

Denise

Check out my blog--menumealplanning.com. Tales of making meal planning managable, family fodder, and everything else under the sun. 

RNY 2/3/09, LBL/BL w/Augmentation 9/16/11
Start weight: 335 Current weight: 185 Goal weight: Whatever the hell I can maintain without driving myself insane

ButterflyCenturyCard-5.gif picture by barbccrn

*6.5 lost preop

Most Active