Full Thigh Lift & Foot Pain???

michelle1123
on 12/29/11 9:31 am - San Francisco, CA
 Hi All,

I had a full thigh lift (incision from groin to knee) with extensive lipo two weeks ago.  I've been taking it really easy since then - in bed with feet elevated the majority of the time but get
Up every 3 or so hours to walk to the bathroom.  A few days ago, I started getting pain and cramping in my feet right around and on my heels.  It's gotten increasingly worse to the point that it'd painful and difficult to walk around or stand.  My doctor thought it might be due to too much elevation and advised me to move around more.  I've been trying to do that, but the pain seems to be getting worse.

Have any other thigh lift veterans experienced this during your recovery and if so, for how long?  I vaguely recall having minor foot pain after my LBL and spiral thigh lift two years ago, but nothing close to what I'm experiencing now.

Michelle 
NewAlicia
on 12/29/11 12:01 pm
 Hi Michelle,

Sorry to hear that you are having foot pain!  I hope you feel better soon.  I only had lipo on the thights during this last surgery, and have only experienced foot swelling.

All the best,

Xoxo Alicia
HW - 378 LW - 180 ( for about 5 minutes in 2005)
Weight at RNY in May 03' - 368, Current weight: 216 lb - maintained for 5+ years
Plastic Surgery Date: December 12 2011, Ext. Brachioplasty, TT & Thigh Lipo.
est. Weight post PS: 200lbs
Lee ~
on 12/29/11 12:06 pm - CA
 Hi Michelle.  Tomorrow I'm three weeks out from my full thigh lift.  I'm not experiencing foot pain. I've been doing a lot of moving around.  After surgery I had some foot cramps and took a potassium capsule once a day for the first to weeks.

I hope you feel better soon. Please let us know how you are.

HW: 249   SW: 229 GW: 149 Age: 63 - Body by Sauceda - 12/2011

maryposa
on 12/29/11 12:58 pm, edited 12/29/11 1:00 pm - Orange County, CA
 I get charlie horses in my feet sometimes!  I wonder if it's muscle cramps in your feet you're experiencing?  For that I take magnesium (also helps constipation!) via natural calm and also a potassium pill.  Another thing you can try is smar****er (electrolytes).  

May I ask, did you go to Dr. Agha (that I know of, he is trademarking "Spiral Thigh Lift") two years ago?  And, why did you need a second thigh lift?  I've had multiple procedures done and I understand the thighs are the worst and you went through it twice?  Brave woman!
Follow my progress on youtube!
(Lost slowly and painfully from 355 to 275 from 2007-2009, then started gaining again before scheduling surgery!  Best thing I ever did! :D)

michelle1123
on 12/30/11 1:30 am - San Francisco, CA
Yes, Dr. Agha is my surgeon and he's done a lot of work on me.  I adore him and think he does amazing work (check out my before/after pic on my profile page).  

My thighs were my worst area going into this.  I had hoped all I would need was the spiral lift, which I did two years ago with my LBL.  It helped the top half of my thighs a lot but not really the lower half and i still had a lot of extra loose skin that pooled over my knees.  The inner thigh lift takes care of that, so I went ahead and did it.  Are you weighing the two thigh lift options?  It really depends on where you have your extra skin.  If its mostly on the top part of your thighs, a spiral thigh lift would be great and solve the problem.  If its all the way down to your knees than you'd probably need a full lift. 

Michelle

maryposa
on 12/30/11 2:27 am - Orange County, CA
 OK! I had my last surgery with him Dec 1st!  :)  I had a neck lift and breast lift and revisions done this time.  He does the best tummy tucks I have seen in person.  Though I have only seen a handful.  He also does great butts!  lol

Dr. Agha is thinking about doing a combo on me.  Most of my skin on my thighs is upper thigh, but I could benefit from the lateral about half way down my thigh... so he is thinking of going a spiral thigh lift combined with a short lateral.  I have some skin near my knees but it doesn't hang over my knees so much :)
Follow my progress on youtube!
(Lost slowly and painfully from 355 to 275 from 2007-2009, then started gaining again before scheduling surgery!  Best thing I ever did! :D)

muffin27
on 12/29/11 11:22 pm - Canada
PBJ
on 12/30/11 12:14 am
so sorry you are going through this...but I have to say that I am worried you might have a blood clot.  I am a RN and the pain is one of the symtoms.  Hopefully not , but you need to get this checked out.  Call your doc ASAP...or go to the ER to get it checked out.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Patty
My weight loss journey                                                    
michelle1123
on 12/30/11 1:10 am - San Francisco, CA
 Thanks everyone!  I borrowed some professional leg pumps yesterday and have been using them on my lower legs and feet.  The good news is I woke up today feeling better.  The pain is at least 50% better and is now more like cramping. 

@Patty - thanks for the warning re: blood clots.  I'll call my doctor today to discuss just in case. 

Michelle 
Most Active