BL/BA question

katier825
on 12/31/11 9:20 pm
I am planning on a BL/BA in the not too distant future.  No other procedures at the same time.  My doctor said I should be fine to return to work the following week.  Much of my wardrobe is pullover tops.  How long was it until you could pull a shirt over your head?  I think I'm going to need to pick up a few things that are button down and a little larger than what I've been wearing and am trying to decide what would be best.
Maureen K.
on 1/1/12 1:16 am
 I don;t know what kind of work you do but I have never heard of anyone returning to work after a week with BL I had those procedures two years ago and I could not have retunred to work so soon it was hard getting up and and down and standing straight hell I think some people even have the drains longer than that, that being said every surgeon is different but it just seems really optomistic to me I think you should plan on button ups for two weeks to make it safe. I t is totally worth it it took along time for me to feel 100% normal again but I did get there and am so happy with the results best wihes to you 

SW - 223  CW- 130 GW- 140  Start Sz 18 Current Sz 4 Ht. 5'6"
 BA- LBL/TT 11/3/09

katier825
on 1/1/12 1:48 am
My job is very easy physically - I sit at a computer all day.  Easy going boss, so I can pretty much come and go, walk around, etc. as needed.  My doctor said I wouldn't have drains going home.  I know I won't be close to 100%, but I am hoping it's do-able.  I can always take a couple of extra days if necessary. 
kathkeb
on 1/1/12 2:08 am
I had a breast lift (no implants) and brachio together on a Thursday. Went home with a drain under each arm .... They were removed 1 day later.

I was able to pull shirts on over my head by Monday for sure.

I bought some long sleeved 'cuddle under' shirts .. I wore those next to my skin, then the front close bra, then my regular clothes.

I was off pain meds about 3 days post op.

I had a week off work, but was able to sit at a desk and work at my computer in less time than that.

Good luck!
Kath

sonnieN
on 1/1/12 2:34 am - grand rapids, MI
I had a BL/BA and Medial Thigh Lift at the same time as was back to work in 10 days. BL/BA gave me no trouble at all, it was the thighs that made it more difficult to get back to work but was doable. I was pulling shirts over my head right away w/o any issue.
Michelle E.
on 1/1/12 10:41 am
BA/BL I would give it 2 weeks..

Michelle
Sweetitalian1
on 1/2/12 12:40 am - CA
I think 2 weeks is best. You really need time to recover. my doctor says that 14 post op is so crucial for the healing and to avoid blood clots in the breasts.

I was 2 weeks out as of friday. i go back to work tomorrow. I feel ready.

Most Active