Panniculectomy questions?

glamour_04
on 1/30/12 6:55 am - Abilene , TX
 I was wondering if anyone had a panniculectomy done? is this a easier recovery then a TT? I have recently gotten tricare to actually approve my Panni removal and was thinking bout paying the 2500 for a full TT, im also getting Breast Aug done, which i have to pay full price. So im look at either full TT and BA for 8k or getting the free panni removal and only paying 4700 for the breast aug. I dont want to spend all our money but  am really worried bout the results of the panni im 200lbs at 5'7  so not sure what i want to do lol. I was thinking panni and BA so i could save my family money although im sure 8k for a full TT and BA is a good deal any thoughts!!! thanks :)
     I Dont Skinny Dip I Chunky Dunk!        
PBJ
on 1/30/12 9:44 am
That is a great deal..I would absolutely do the full tummy tuck!  I do not think you will be happy with just the pannicelectomy.  It is a hugh difference between that and a TT.!  Find a way...borrow or whatever but do it!  I just had mine done almost 3 weeks ago and I love it.  It really changes your shape...or rather gives you shape!
That is my honest opinion..I paid alot more for just my tummy tuck and lipo so you really are getting a GREAT deal for all of that for 8000.00  I hope you really think about this.

Good luck
Patty
My weight loss journey                                                    
JodiLee1
on 1/30/12 11:42 am
I had the fleur de lis full anchor cut tummy tuck/panni, breast lift, implants and lipo.  I recommend the whole thing.  It wasn't that bad of a recovery really.  It's going to be bad anyway, I figured I might as well just get it all done.  I think you won't be happy with just a panni.  You are left with the upper belly and it might look weird.  I don't know what your situation is but  a full will give you a flat belly.

DC_7stars
on 1/30/12 12:03 pm - Aiea, HI
my insurance approved me for my panni including overnight hospital stay which was scheduled for january 10. about a week before my date i got cold feet at my pre op appointment and asked for a quote to get a TT and pay the difference out of pocket. my surgeon and his staff scrambled to get me a price quote which would comply with all the rules of my insurance company. my insurance required that i have the procedure at a specific hospital and not at my surgeons office as an out patient procedure. the hospital stay complicated things, my situation had been elevated all the way to the hospital board of directors to generate a price structure. sadly after all the numbers were crunched the price was more than paying for the TT out of pocket because of the hospital cost and the insurance copayment!

i decided to pay 10K out of pocket and have the TT out patient procedure. only 3 weeks out surgery and i am thrilled with the choice i made. yeah, 10k is a lot but i feel it was well worth it!

if i had your insurance company and only had to pay out of pocket 2.5K out of pocket i would throw a party for them! it's just my 2cents but i think you're getting a great deal!

Verticle Abdominalplasty 01/10/2012
KerryJean
on 1/30/12 1:19 pm - IN
I had my panniculectomy and full abdominoplasty three weeks ago tomorrow. It didn't make sense to have the panni without removing my muffin top too. It was actually more bothersome than my panni - and it wad the panni that was pd for by insurance. I couldn't wear sweaters without my midriff hanging over my waist - so my doctor tightened the ab muscles and lipo'd out my love handles on the sides. Huge improvment! I'm still sore and VERY tight - I'm hoping that improves soon.

The liposuction and TT I had to pay out of pocket - but it was only around $1500 for the PS, hospital, and anesthesia. Sounds like I lucked out compared to the fees some of you girls have been quoted!
Kitty C
on 1/30/12 10:31 pm, edited 1/30/12 10:32 pm
Trish C.
on 1/31/12 1:39 am
I have some questions.

My insurance company will pay for a panniculectomy.  I have already been approved, but needed to reschedule until May.  The forms from the scheduler say I am having an abdomniaplasty.  When I talked to my surgeon, she did say that the skin will be pulled down to smooth out the top.  I asked if it would fix the "muffin top" I have, she said yes.  She did check my muscles to see if I needed to have them tightened, and she said there was no seperation so that she did not need to do that.  I don't remember what she said about the belly button.  At that point, I wasn't hopeful the insurance company would cover it and I told my husband I wouldn't do it unless they did, in case of complications.

Should I call the surgeon and clarify what is being done and if it truly will resolve the muffin top?  If the muscles are not seperated, do I really need a full TT?

I will be paying alot out of pocket anyway, as my deductible and co-pay is $8500 total.  I did not even discuss upgrading on my dime, as I knew I wouldn't be having it done if it wasn't covered under insurance anyways.  Is that something I should pursue now?

Thanks for any input.

Trish
HW: 247, SW: 217, LW: 128 CW: 151
goal weight of 130 hit, trying to get back down to 140

aubiefan143
on 1/31/12 2:45 am - herndon , VA
RNY on 01/26/10 with
I see that your goal weight on your ticker says 160. You say that you are at 200 now. Do you plan on still loosing that last 40lbs? If so I would not have the TT at this time. You may be happy with the panni removal now and while you are losing those last pounds you can save up money for the full TT. I know it seems worth it because you are only paying 2500.00, but I don't think I would be happy if I lost another 40lbs after the TT.

Penny
Highest weight 275 
Surgery weight 241
Goal weight 145
Current
  weight 143 (after TT and Thigh lift)   

PBJ
on 1/31/12 8:47 am
I totally agree with Penny.....40 lbs lose would change the shape of your TT.  Better to wait and have it done after you lose the weight.  You really want this done right and only once!

Patty
My weight loss journey                                                    
Most Active