Question about insurance covering breast lift and tummy tuck

Sara D.
on 2/1/12 12:38 am - Brooklyn, NY
While I know the insurance doesnt cover the tummy tuck, I've heard about the panni being covered and the rest laying on the patient... Approximately what are the prices I am looking forward to paying? 

Secondly, has anyone gotten the breast lift covered and if so, what were the situations surrounding such?
J. Smith
on 2/1/12 1:00 am
I think what you will have to pay OOP will depend on the Dr that you choose. I have seen on here anywhere from $1500 to $10k.. It will really depend on the Dr and what they are going to charge. I am paying OOP for all and mine is $4000. Good luck and wish you well.
Sara D.
on 2/1/12 1:30 am - Brooklyn, NY
what is OOP?  Sorry I'm new on here and trying to learn all the shortcuts.
J. Smith
on 2/1/12 8:01 am
It's ok OOP is Out of Pocket
Danae T.
on 2/1/12 1:31 am
I was able to get the breast lift covered no problem. My Dr sent in pics and measurements and I guess I fit the criteria. I was only a C/D before so I was really shocked. The panni, on the other hand, which is much worse, they decided was cosmetic and declined to cover. I am still fighting that one.

Good luck

Danae T    
Danae T.
on 2/1/12 1:31 am
OOP is out of pocket

Danae T    
alla B.
on 2/1/12 1:51 am

Hi,

I got my insurance paid for my TT, I have oxford freedom.

I used surgeon out of network, he charged $12500 for full TT and my insurance paid $10500.

I paid only $2000 out of pocket for my TT.

I used in network doctor for my breast lift and insurance paid 100 %.

I had 6 month chiropractor treatments for my back and neck pain, my breasts size was 40 H.

And after my surgeons sent pictures and all appt from chiro , insurance was ok to pay.

Good luck,

Alla

PART 1 VSG  03/28/2006;  PART 2   DS  01/31/20007

Kristie S.
on 2/1/12 5:16 am
OOP is out of pocket

BCBS covered my TT -  whi*****luded muscle repair and tightening as well as the skin and fat removal -  did not include any lipo.   I paid 2k after copay and deductible.

I could have paid and extra 4k for mons repair and lipo -  but i decided not to.  The doc took pity on me though and did fix the mons for no extra payment.
Kristie

jkjstars123
on 2/1/12 11:16 am - Tama, IA
My insurance covered the panni but not the lift/reduction of my breasts. Still fighting that since they are huge and I have many rashes.

Julie

HW 304, SW 291, GW 160, CW 140 H-5'9.5"            

Most Active