Thigh Lift, Arm Lift, Implants Completed (Long)

Raven300
on 2/25/12 5:21 am
I just finished my second and final round of plastic surgery in Houston. In November I had a LBL and  BL.  This time I had a vertical thigh lift, arm lift, and added implants to the lifted breasts to provide upper pole fullness to match the bottom section (I had lovely uplifted skyslope breasts).  I am a little over 2 weeks out.

I was very nervous/scared about the thigh lift for a couple of reasons.  1) I had read/heard that the procedure was more painful than the LBL.  2) I was scared of terrible scars in the groin or scars that extended below my knees (also things I read about online).  

If you are thinking about a thigh lift and scared, I will share my experience.  It was not as bad as the terrible things you may read.  It was not as difficult as the LBL.  I had the surgery at 8. Was out in around 2.5 hours. In recovery until 7pm because I recover slowly from anasthesia and because it was discovered that  I have a reaction to Demerol painkillers.

I walked myself to the restroom and changed my clothing with help. I certainly couldnt have done that on day 1 after LBL.  Yes, in some ways I can see how folks say the pain is worse.  I don't have alot of memory of Day 1 after the LBL or of that night. I was in the hospital with a pain pump, nurses and on demand morphine.  This isnt the case with the thigh lift so the memory of the pain and discomfort is much clearer.   It is also necessary to move alot more with the thigh lift. With the LBL I laid in the bed with a catheter for 3 days.  This time I had to get up to use the bathroom and moving wasnt fun initally.

It does hurt.  There is no getting around that. The incisions didn't hurt if I was standing or laying stationary but when I tried to move and there was tension placed on the wound -ouch!  It took alot of tears and about 24hours for me and my partner to figure out how to get me into and out of bed the easiest way. I couldnt use my arms since I had the arm lift and it took us some time to even figure out where he could safely put his hands to help me. 

After the first 24 hours it was much better. After the first 48, I had a method of getting up and down and was starting to feel pretty good. By the 5th day, I felt well enough to go the local shopping mall for 3 hours and walk around.  It was a piece of cake compared to the previous surgery.

The groin incisions are neatly placed into crease near my pubic hair.  They are quite tiny and don't extend nearly as high as I was imagining.  The vertical ones stop about 3 or 4 inches from my knee.  You can't see them from the front view or back view but they are, of course, visible from the side when I take a stride.

I have alot of swelling so I don't  know what the final look will be yet, but I do know that the empty wrinkled sacks that hung in the center of my thighs are gone.  When I used to lift my leg into a high step postition, I could see all that loose skin hang down and swing below my thigh adding about 4 inches to it.  Thats all gone.  The thighs are solid but swollen.  I am fine with the scar.  I felt deformed with those sacks and was buying skirts or shorts at kneelength to hide that area.  I'll wear whatever length I want now.

The armlift was a breeze and the implants are dropping so soon I'll be able to see the look of those.  I was completely freaked out the first day I looked at the breasts.  I had read about "dropping" or "implants riding high" but had no idea that my recently lifted breasts could be so distorted and look like rectangles with the nipples pointing down.  After some handholding from my doc and his assistant, I calmed down and now I can see things looking more and more like normal full breasts.  Another month or so and I'll be showing them off to anyone who will look!

HW-345,SW-300, CW-144lbs.  DS 5/11/10. 
     First round of plastics with Dr. LoMonaco 11/8/11  LBL, BL. 14lbs of skin removed.
     2nd round with Dr. LoMonaco 2/8/12 Brachioplasty, Thigh lift,  Breast Implants.

devaoner
on 2/25/12 6:15 am
 I'm glad u happy I'd love to see some pics of the work you've had done. I'm just darting the process for ps I was wondering does insurance cover a thigh lift I need one bad! 
Raven300
on 2/25/12 6:19 am
 I traveled from outside the USA for surgery so I was a cash pay. My understanding is that insurance may pay for a thigh lift IF the amount of skin, tissue is causing issues with mobility and putting undue pressure on hip joints.  For example, the thigh excess is so large that you have to sort of waddle and roll your legs to walk.

When I did live in the USA, my recollection of insurance companies is that they typically say NO to everything.  I've some folks here on the boards have success with appeals for LBL or panni surgery. Maybe someone will chime in with more info.

TurtleShell
on 2/25/12 2:37 pm - WA
Since you traveled, did you stay at a hotel or aftercare facility? Does Dr. L recommend some nearby places for out of towners? Thanks for any info. :)
Raven300
on 2/26/12 6:31 am
 I stayed at the Hilton Homewood Suites, a block from the Galleria.  Dr. L has a negotiated rate of $139/night and free or reduced parking.  There are two rooms in the suite and a kitchen with full size refrigerator and microwave.  They provide a recliner chair which is a lifesaver if you are having a LBL.  On my second visit, I stayed in a handicap suite which had the added benefit of a walk in shower. No need to try and lift my leg to step into the tub.
     HW-345,SW-300, CW-144lbs.  DS 5/11/10. 
     First round of plastics with Dr. LoMonaco 11/8/11  LBL, BL. 14lbs of skin removed.
     2nd round with Dr. LoMonaco 2/8/12 Brachioplasty, Thigh lift,  Breast Implants.

TurtleShell
on 2/26/12 8:57 am - WA
Thanks!
allypad64
on 2/25/12 10:24 am - henderson, NV
Sounds like you are doing great!  Congrats to you...

Allison

Plastics by Dr. Sauceda in Monterray, MX - 2/6/2012 (yippee!).  Lower Body Lift, BL/BA, Arm Lift, Butt Lift.

2muchfluff
on 2/25/12 12:39 pm
 Congrats!  Glad to hear all is going well for you.  

minches
on 2/26/12 8:58 am
So glad to hear you are doing so well I have my RL and BL coming up and I am quite nervous!!! But feel better with you saying it was a breeze!!!

5'6"  HW 310      Updated goal from 165 to 160 !!!
Andi190827
on 2/26/12 10:51 am - Fort Leavenworth, KS
 Thanks for sharing your experience with us. After my first round of plastics I'll too have my inner thighs and arms to do. I want to do them together to have as few surgeries as possible but then again I'm scared to not be as mobile with both my legs and arms out of commission, so to speak. But hearing more stories like yours has me leaning towards the fewer surgery route.
Thanks again for sharing your journey with us!
Andi
Andi Highest 278 lbs, Pre-op 269 lbs, Goal/Current 150/160 lbs
Currently looking into plastics...

Change the voices in your head... Make them like you instead.

Most Active