Holy Hips n Thighs!!! HELP lol

glamour_04
on 3/13/12 8:59 am - Abilene , TX
Alright so its been a month since my extended pannilectomy( he did a mini tummy tuck and moved my belly button too)! MY hips/thighs are not fitting in my before surgery pants they seem really tight i also had to get  new girddles too cause i couldnt fit anything over my hips/thigh area omg embarassing especially since he took off 20lbs and i have a flat tummy lol! Am i swollen i dont have another doc appt cause im moving to another state  wont be there till monday and have to find a new doctor ( hate that but its military life). So do you guys think im just swollen there? i know you swell and my tummy still is a lil but i didnt think my hips and thighs would be like that bad!!! HELP lol thank you in advance!! 
     I Dont Skinny Dip I Chunky Dunk!        
Raven300
on 3/13/12 12:31 pm
 Relax!  You are swollen.

When your surgeon did the your panni removal he had to cut thru alot of tissue and severed the lymph pathways in your abdominal area.  These pathways connect the lymph glands/nodes  and are filled with lymph fluid. As they have been cut, they are dumping all that fluid into your tissue.  It is going to take time to repair those pathways and time for your body to heal up the trauma to your tissue (which is also adding to the swelling).

Some folks are lucky and this happens quickly, some can take quite a long time. For me, I had signifigant swelling for 10 weeks and wore my binder  22hours a day for the first 6-8 weeks and then 12 hours a day after that.  If I sat at a 90degree angle ( like at a desk), my thighs would swell up like balloons.  I was quite paranoid for a little bit there and weighed myself multiple times a day for a week. I noticed I could gain 6lbs in fluid during the course of a day.  I had to ban myself from the scale after that.

Time is the best remedy for the swelling but there are a few things you can do to help it.  You can continue to wear your garment for part of the day (don't wear it 24 hours a day as you want the lymph channels to heal up and not start thinking that they don't have to).  Drink lots of water.  Try Bromelain or eat pineapple which contains this substance. It is known to reduce swelling. Get a lymphatic massage by a skilled therapist. This helps the movement of lymph and can aid in drainage.

Try and stay upbeat - this too shall pass in time!
     HW-345,SW-300, CW-144lbs.  DS 5/11/10. 
     First round of plastics with Dr. LoMonaco 11/8/11  LBL, BL. 14lbs of skin removed.
     2nd round with Dr. LoMonaco 2/8/12 Brachioplasty, Thigh lift,  Breast Implants.

MsApryl
on 3/14/12 9:20 am - Pocono summit, PA
Hey Raven

thanks for all your info.  I too am still swollen on my hips and thighs I am just 8 weeks out and I was getting worried. I too have not seen a significant difference on the scale. My only problem is I dont have a choice but be active due to my job so it will take longer. But info from the group of you make the waiting bearable. Thanks.
  Happines is not a birthright.You make your own happiness through your attitude and the way you behave.Happiness is a choice. It takes daily practice to make it a habbit.
Jmbrown081
on 3/13/12 4:16 pm
 Hey, I'm about four weeks out from an LBL, and I'm having the exact same problem that you are with my hips and thighs. Hang in there, and I'm sure that this too shall pass for both of us. I wish I could give you some advice, but I haven't found anything that works really well yet. This is normal, you are not alone (my pants are too lose around the waste, but won't fit on my hips/thighs either), and it will get better!
Valicia
on 3/17/12 6:46 am
I am 4 months out LBL, and my doctor made me a cute butt, but at the 3 month mark the thighs started to sinke, giving me saddle bags which I never had before. Yesterday I had breast lift, without implants and a bra line lift.  The doctor did some lipo on my saddle bags to see if this will help.
Most Active