What a difference a week makes!

sublimate
on 3/14/12 10:26 am, edited 3/14/12 10:32 am - San Jose, CA

I'm 9 days out from my surgeries (LBL, 3 Hernia Fixes, BL/BA, Rhinoplasty & Deviated Septum Fix).  After the 7th day I felt SOO much better.  I'm able to do most things except lift heavy things or bend very far.  I can squat gently but not bend.  Wish I had one of those grabber things. I keep dropping things.

I'm incredibly happy with the work my surgeon, Dr. Behmand from Walnut Creek CA, did on me.  There were a few things he did that I thought went above and beyond his already amazing results.  For one, when he did my nose job, I had an indentation on my nose from a poor decision to pierce it as a teenager. He actually stitched it shut with tiny tiny sutures.

I totally let him pick my nose with no direction from me.  I told him do what he thinks looks best.  I can't stop looking at my nose!  It's like he gave me the nose I wanted exactly but didn't know I wanted, if that makes sense.  I don't know why because I never thought my nose was that bad, but my nose is my favorite change!  It's like it changes my whole face and I just love looking at how he structured it so perfectly.

Second, on my lower body lift I kind of had a bunch of different scars in various places.  2 were under my pannus.  I don't know if they were big stretch marks or from rubbing or what.  One was my c-section scar that was across my navel.  The others were higher or lower, and were from my VSG and other various marks and scars.

I'm not sure how he managed it, but he seemed to cut off all of my marked and scarred skin, leaving only the nicer parts of my skin, which would have been hard to do because they were all over the place.  This made me so happy because I hated those scars.  

My boobs are still high and weird and not dropped yet, which I understand is normal.  Can't wait to see what those look like.  So far I have nearly zero pain in my boobs and full sensation in my nipples.  I think the implants are the perfect size for my frame.

The pain is becoming a distant memory and I'm having a hard time sitting still and waiting to heal.  I'm so looking forward to going out with my new look, a few new clothes, etc.!  Thanks guys for being there for me and listening.  I'm so excited!

Start weight: 388, Current Weight: 185, Goal Weight: 180, Weight Lost: 203 lbs
Certified Nutritionist VSG FAQsublimate: To elevate or uplift.
3/2012 Plastics: LBL, 3 Hernias Fixed, BL/BA, Rhinoplasty & Septum Fix. 6/2013 Plastics: Arm and thigh lift

PBJ
on 3/14/12 11:01 am
let's go shopping when you feel better!  So happy to hear that you are doing much better.

Dr.. B got rid of my scarstoo (and my csection scar too)...kind of wierd..but very cool.  He is amazing...we were very lucky to find him!..(thanks Jenn Chap!)

Just left you a voice mess...can't wait to see you!

hugs
Patty
My weight loss journey                                                    
j_j_miller
on 3/14/12 11:04 am
 Hi, I am so glad your feeling better. I felt so bad that you were in such pain. The advise I hear people give over and over is that each day gets better. So I was really hoping that would be the same for you. It's great that your nose turned out so nice. Especially since all your other upgrades will be hidden under your clothes. I am about a week ahead of you in recovering. I love that I can pretty much do anything, I just have to do it slow and carefully. I have to remind myself not to overdue it, it's hard because we feel so good. Keep us posted, it's always nice to hear success stories. 

Jennifer
loverofcats
on 3/14/12 12:01 pm
So glad to hear that you are on the road to recovery!!  When I read your first posting, I was getting worried about you. It sounds like the first week or so can be hell, but you seem to be past that now. Wishing you a speedy recovery!!! Enjoy your shopping trip with your new body and nose.

Gail
     "          
 LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat

JustLookingToo
on 3/14/12 12:24 pm - AL
So glad that you are feeling better and that you are happy with your results. Sound like you have a great surgeon! I'm in Costa Rica, and on day seven following my facelift, and I agree that it is a wonderful feeling when you wake up a week after surgery feeling great. Hope your recovery continues to go well.

2muchfluff
on 3/14/12 1:26 pm
 GLAD TO HEAR YOU ARE OVER THE HUMP.  ENJOY YOUR NEW BODY!

diane S.
on 3/14/12 2:48 pm
So pleased you are feeling better and liking the results. Aren't you glad you did this!!!!!!!!! You are a beautiful woman and this will take it to a higher level of fabulous. Love reading this.  Diane

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

godzilla
on 3/14/12 5:12 pm - Israel
So maybe I'll give you a ring on my tonight?
Please write me a good tine slot that we can talk.
It is 9:12am in Israel this Th morning.
Mikimi in Israel
MikeyMike
on 3/14/12 8:30 pm - New York, NY
Glad to hear that you are in a better place.

Remember you need to take it easy...Dont over do it.

Highest Weight: 380                      Consult Weight: 357             Surgery Weight: 309 
Goal Weight: 220 (9/29/10)      Revised Goal Range 215-220         Current Weight: 224
Plastics: Circumferential Lower Body Lift - 11/18/2011
              Gynecomastia - 6/14/2012

Phatchick
on 3/14/12 10:36 pm - Brookfield, IL
VSG on 04/16/12
I am so happy for you and that amazing journey! You are my s-hero because you did it. Cheers, Sharon

Most Active