2 FOR 1

evilelf
on 3/28/12 12:48 pm
I am having a breast and tummy tuck, the DR will not do both at the same time. I really wanted to have both done and hurt once and be over it. The Dr stated that it is too much blood loss at one time. I am getting this all covered under insurance, so I don't want to pu**** but has anyone had both done at the same time. Was it that painful and what was your downtime?

H.W 270 S.W 252 C.W 195 G.W 170

Crazeru
on 3/28/12 1:20 pm
It depends on the surgeon.
I had an LBL, BL, arms and medial thigh lift done with an epidural and twilight sedation.  I was off for 8 weeks.  The pain was minimal for the body work.  The facelift was more painful.

Chris
HW/225 - 5'1" ~ SW/205/after surgery 215 ~ CW/145~ BMI-25.8~Normal BMI 132 ~DS Dr Rabkin 4/17/08
Plastics in Monterrey - See Group on OH Dr Sauceda Jan 13, 2011
LBL, BL, small thigh lift, arms & a full facelift on 1/17/11
UBL 1/21/13
Love my Body by Sauceda

sublimate
on 3/28/12 6:58 pm - San Jose, CA
I had a LBL, 3 Hernias repaired, a nose job, deviated septum repair (in the nose), breast lift and implants all in one shot. It was supposed to be one easy hernia fix; the three difficult hernias were a surprise and put me in the OR for 14 hours.

My doctor was totally confident that he could handle the original 10 hours of OR time and that I would be fine. I would not feel confident with a doctor who isn't comfortable doing multiple procedures at once as many many surgeons do this.

Like you I did not one have to go through multiple surgeries and recoveries.. I am not able to take that much time off from work. I wanted to get it all over with too.

Start weight: 388, Current Weight: 185, Goal Weight: 180, Weight Lost: 203 lbs
Certified Nutritionist VSG FAQsublimate: To elevate or uplift.
3/2012 Plastics: LBL, 3 Hernias Fixed, BL/BA, Rhinoplasty & Septum Fix. 6/2013 Plastics: Arm and thigh lift

evilelf
on 3/29/12 11:52 am
I have heard nothing but good things about this dr, but I have kaiser and they will only cover it one at a time.

H.W 270 S.W 252 C.W 195 G.W 170

loverofcats
on 3/29/12 11:39 pm, edited 3/29/12 11:43 pm
I have Kaiser in Northern California and a Kaiser PS said the he could do a BL and a LBL at the same time, but a BA would need to be done during another procedure,in order to decrease the risk of complications. If Kaiser isn't covering the cost of your TT, you could go outside of Kaiser, and have an outside PS do both procedures at the same time. Surgeons are concerned about the amount of time that they have someone under anesthesia, so they limit the procedures that they will do at the same time.

If you are having a breast reduction, maybe that takes more time, thus more time under anesthesia. You could always get a second opinion.

Never mind, I re-read your post and if Kaiser is covering the tummy tuck, you are lucky. Breast reductions can be done, if it is medically necessary, so that is a procedure that insurance will often pay for. At least insurance is paying for the procedures.

Gail
     "          
 LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat

jeterway
on 3/29/12 3:08 am
 Well I had a bilateral mastectomy with reconstruction from my abdomen all in one procedure which is about 80-90 percent of a tummy tuck.  Really no blood loss to speak of recovery not difficult at all.

sublimate
on 3/29/12 3:42 pm - San Jose, CA
Oh I understand.. you are in the Kaiser system. I'm not sure about that system. Maybe you can try to consult with more than one surgeon within the system?

Sounds like you don't have a lot of options, as few do with Kaiser. That's why I pay extra for a PPO, but that has it's own drawbacks too. Good luck!

Start weight: 388, Current Weight: 185, Goal Weight: 180, Weight Lost: 203 lbs
Certified Nutritionist VSG FAQsublimate: To elevate or uplift.
3/2012 Plastics: LBL, 3 Hernias Fixed, BL/BA, Rhinoplasty & Septum Fix. 6/2013 Plastics: Arm and thigh lift

PBJ
on 3/30/12 3:48 am
I would prefer to get all of this in one surgery but if they are willing to pay for it..I would split it up and go with that plan.  you will save lots of money!

good luck to you!

Patty
My weight loss journey                                                    
Most Active