Did you pay outright or finance?

brownblonde
on 4/15/12 12:38 am
 I was just curious what your thinking was about funding PS.  Looking back, I'd wouldn't think twice about borrowing for the vsg.  But I do put that in a different category than PS.  I would like to have plastics, but anytime soon that would entail borrowing.  

Iam_with_the_Band
on 4/15/12 12:39 am
 I borrowed from my 401k. It was easy and I am paying myself back.

12/09 and 6/11, 9 skin removal procedures with Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey Mexico
Revised to the Sleeve after losing 271 lbs with the LapBand. 

Angela S.
on 4/15/12 12:53 am
 I got financing through carecredit. Unfortunately, the doctor I decided to go with doesn't accept it.  I have been saving every penny and will end up taking about 4k from my 401k.  It's an investment in me and completely worth it. 

Heres2anewme
on 4/15/12 12:56 am - TX
I'll be paying outright.
Jamille            ~If it's God's will for me, then it will be~
                                            I Being A Mommy!!

rhearob
on 4/15/12 1:06 am - TN
 I'll probably be doing a blend.  I borrowed against my 401K to buy a house.  My insurance covers abdominoplasty after a weight loss of greater than 100 lbs.  The rest I'll have to pay for myself.

When I started I didn't think i'd ever care about plastics.  Boy did that change once I saw how my body started looking after losing.  Its funny how much we start to care about appearance as our self esteem improves.  Now all I want is to be able to buy clothes that actually fit, especially now that I can buy in the mall again!

VSG: 11/2/2011; LBL+Thigh Lift+BL: 10/3/2012; Brach+Mastopexy:  7/22/2013

RCOK0011
on 4/26/12 10:22 am - CA
What insurance do you have?? Just curious. I am now down about 95 lbs. but would still like to lose another 15 and have been stable since about November but I do not know what my insurance requires or if they even cover anything.

Hugs and Smooches
Ramona

Don 1962
on 4/15/12 1:25 am

Never, and I mean NEVER, trust a fart!! 

Tess145
on 4/15/12 1:57 am - Senatobia, MS
I will  be self pay.  My husband and I decided to refinance our house and take enough out to pay for my surgeries.

Tess

Starting Wt 306; Losing Wt 155; Goal Wt 145: Regain Wt 225; Current Wt 157
PS:  FDL Tummy Tuck, Hernia Repair 5/17/12, TT Revision, Butt and Thigh Lift 4/18/13

Lee ~
on 4/15/12 2:23 am - CA
 I refinanced my house and took out $20k to do some work on kitchen and bathroom counters.  When I learned that I could have all of my plastics done with Dr. Sauceda for the same price as granite counters, I decided to remodel my body instead.  Best decision I ever made!

HW: 249   SW: 229 GW: 149 Age: 63 - Body by Sauceda - 12/2011

j_j_miller
on 4/15/12 2:59 am
 Insurance payed for my lap band. And I was saving to buy a car outright. But by the time I was ready to actually buy a car I changed my mind and decided on PS. The only thing that made me nervous is, what if I had a complication that would prevent me from going back to work in a timely matter. I had enough for the surgery plus some to live on for a few months but if something went wrong I dont know what I would do. But luckily I didn't have to deal with that. I am at the 8 week mark this week and am going to schedule my go back to work physical this week. I am happy how everything turned out, and I will just start saving for a car again. :)
Most Active