Anyone have a TT where they didnt save the belly button?

Debra Welker
on 4/25/12 2:51 am - Kaukauna, WI
I am having a panniclectomy next week tuesday may 1st and my surgeon says he wont be saving my belly button. Anyone else lose theres and if so how does it look? I would like to see some pictures. Thanks Debra
kathkeb
on 4/25/12 3:24 am
That is one of the differences between a panniculectomy and a full tummy tuck.

Your doctor may not be tightening your abdominal muscles or lifting your mons either.

This is why most people choose to pay the difference between the panni (which insurance may or may not cover) and a full tummy tuck.

I know that I would not be happy without a belly button.
I am thrilled with my tummy tuck results.
my surgeon took out my old bb and made me a new one that is perfectly placed.

He moved my lap band port a little and lifted my moms and that also helped trim my upper thighs a bit.
Have you spoken with your surgeon to see what the difference is to do Italy at once?
Kath

Brian Wohlgemuth
on 4/25/12 4:32 am - IN
I wish I would have known more about "belly button relocation".  I didn't think much of it.  

Is he just "not doing one" or moving it?  I thought about it and I'm pretty glad I have mine still.  It's just in a weird place....

HW: 474  OpW: 406  CW: 267            Twitter - @bwohlgemuth, same with FB
-100lbs 08/17/2010      -200lbs 02/28/2011      OpGoal: 07/05/2011  
Abdominoplasty  3/2012

Laura in Texas
on 4/25/12 10:10 pm
Wow. Did he give a reason? He's not even going to try???? Personally I love showing off my belly now and could not imagine not having a belly button. Did you get consults with other surgeons?? Did they have the same conclusion???? I lost 200 pounds and my surgeon was able to keep mine. I haven't heard of any of my doctor's patients who lost their bb.

Laura

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

BonBon1
on 4/26/12 7:37 am - Somewhere, GA
I am working on my 3rd belly button right now!  When I had my TT two years ago, the dr. wasn't sure he could save the belly button.  Well, he did, but it was rather strange, wide and shallow.  I got used to it, though it wasn't at all like my original belly button.  So last week I  had TT revisions, which in my case was almost like another tummy tuck.  Not just a nip and tuck!  This dr. also made me a new belly button!  So belly button number three is what I'm calling a "youthful" belly button: small and cute!
  So maybe later you could have a revision and get belly button number two!
Crazeru
on 4/27/12 6:45 am
You can do a shout at to Bonnie M, she ended up not having a BB.  Stop over on Dr Sauceda's board and ask for pics.

Dr S was able to move my BB and it looks great!  Not all can be saved though.

Chris
HW/225 - 5'1" ~ SW/205/after surgery 215 ~ CW/145~ BMI-25.8~Normal BMI 132 ~DS Dr Rabkin 4/17/08
Plastics in Monterrey - See Group on OH Dr Sauceda Jan 13, 2011
LBL, BL, small thigh lift, arms & a full facelift on 1/17/11
UBL 1/21/13
Love my Body by Sauceda

JudiJudi T
on 4/27/12 6:11 pm
One of the gals in my support group just lost hers when she had her panni done.  She says it seems weird and she's thinking of having a button tattooed where it should be :)   

Before/after pic in my profile.  
Surgery: Dec 2009, lost 100 lbs

samiamiam
on 4/28/12 6:07 am
The tatoo is an awesome idea! Way for her to think out of the box. That could be allot of fun, however, I would want mine too. However, I have seen some ugly ones out there and wonder what the heck the doctors were thinking.
Iam_with_the_Band
on 4/28/12 7:32 am, edited 4/28/12 7:32 am
 I had a TT and my before situation was absolutely horrible! I actually asked my surgeon to not save mine because I wanted to put a Zia Tatoo in it's place. He insisted he was saving it and he did. I think it depends on the patient. Bonnie went to the same surgeon and he couldn't save her's. I know someone else mentioned this and I am going to strongly encourage you to discuss the mons pubis area. You really want it lifted. You must ask and be adamant about this! I am very serious! I have a very good friend who had a panni and the doctor didn't lift her mons. It literally looks like a scrotal sac! She is ashamed and has to wear a girdle type garment everyday now! I cannot express to you in a stronger language. Discuss it and make sure he knows you want that area lifted! 

12/09 and 6/11, 9 skin removal procedures with Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey Mexico
Revised to the Sleeve after losing 271 lbs with the LapBand. 

blondie0803
on 5/7/12 12:02 am
I had a new belly button created and I love it! I will post pictures of my new tummy almost 9 weeks out once I get home from work. I am told by the surgical nurses that my surgeon is a perfectionist and spent a lot of time creating my new belly button. You would never know from looking at it that it isn't my original.
Weight on Day of Surgery: 261lbs
Current Weight: 152
 lbs                
I am 5'3" and 29 years old. 
Tummy Tuck done on 3/6/12 w- Dr. Vincent DiNick
BL/BA done on 6/23/12 w-Dr. Vincent DiNick

Most Active