Home from TT

jennkitt
on 5/2/12 7:53 am - MI
Just wanted to check in, my fleur-de-lis went great this morning! 
Pain is well controlled, was able to walk up steps, etc.  Relaxing in my recliner now. Having trouble urinating, this happened after my sleeve too, hoping to pee so I don't have to straight cath myself (not the norm, I am a NP, so I would rather do this than go to ER). They took off 2.5 lbs of skin, I really thought it would be more, I didn't have huge expections, but thought 5 lbs.... I guess there wasn't much fat, just skin....
I can't wait to take a peek, not for a couple days though.

Jenn
HW: 305, Consult: 285, Day of surg:261

kathkeb
on 5/2/12 9:24 am
Congrats, Jenn -- hope the pee starts flowing soon!!  LOL

Glad to hear your pain is under control and you are home safely!

Rest, rest, rest --- hydrate, hydrate, hydrate --- you know the drill!
Kath

samiamiam
on 5/2/12 9:48 am
how is your pain that controlled? You sound great
samiamiam
on 5/2/12 10:21 am, edited 5/2/12 10:22 am
What made you decide to have a fluer vs. tummy tuck? Did you have lipo as well?You are a np so I have a question for you. Do you have a pain pump? Did you ask for one? what do you think is the best pain management protocol. I have trouble with pain meds causing me depression. Would a pain pump help me, that is left inside of me right? How many days does one have it. My tt is sched for june 12th but I am going to have a 2nd consult because my doctor does not do lipo with tt and I have skin but a llot of fat in my tummy and upper tummy. I am at goal, tiny everywhere else but my gut. The lower part of me fits into a size 10 but my tummy is 40 inches. So I look like a boiled egg on two toothpicks.

Teresa
kathkeb
on 5/2/12 12:46 pm
Teresa,
I had a pain pump ... My surgery was on a Thursday morning, I pulled out the pain pump on Saturday afternoon when it was empty.

It is a very thin catheter that is about 12 inches long .....it is left inside you, and has tiny, tiny holes in that the anesthetic drips from ...

The catheter came out on my right thigh, just below my panty line (I didnt put on panties while the pain pump was in me.

It came out of my leg, and was attached to a little canister that held the medicine and that was in a fanny pack that I wor around my waist.

When it was empty, I removed the band aid and slowly pulled out the catheter ... The whole area was numb and I did not feel a thing .... A little dab of pint,ent sand a new bandwidth and it was over.
Kath

jennkitt
on 5/2/12 3:13 pm - MI

Teresa,
I had a big upper poochy area that I wanted gone (take a look at my pre-plastics pics in my profile) and the doc siad the Fleur was a better option for that.  SInce my insurance covered either procedure, I elected the extended.
No pain pump, I asked about them, but they don't use them at the hospital I used for outpatient. I don't know much about the infusion pump,
They gave me 1000mg Tylenol prior to going into surgery, I guess there is some new research out that it helps control post op pain.
They pain is a little worse this evening, I guess the local is wearing off, but honestly it is only when I move. Resting in the recliner with a pillow under my knees is pain free with my Oxycodone and Vicodin regimen.
So far, the pain is not nearly as bad as I thought it would be, keepng fingers crossed it will stay that way.

Good luck with your surgery!
Jenn

Tess145
on 5/2/12 12:40 pm - Senatobia, MS
Glad to hear that everything went well.  I hope you can pee soon.  How long was your surgery?

Tess

Starting Wt 306; Losing Wt 155; Goal Wt 145: Regain Wt 225; Current Wt 157
PS:  FDL Tummy Tuck, Hernia Repair 5/17/12, TT Revision, Butt and Thigh Lift 4/18/13

jennkitt
on 5/2/12 3:23 pm - MI
Thanks, it was right around 2.5 hours. I was at the surgery center  for 9 hours though, I was a difficult patient in the PACU, lol, I kept having vaso-vagal reactions and passing out, not sure why because I was feeling fine.  It has happened a few more times since I have been home (loss of hearing, vision closing in, sweats, sit down or fall down....) I am drinking a TON of water, drinking some protein, and resting.  It hasn't happened in many hours, and I can pee... I think I'm in the clear!

Anwing8
on 5/2/12 1:17 pm - Cape May, NJ
I've been thinking about you! I'm glad it went so well. I'm having the same fleur de lis next Tues.., supper nervous! Can't wait to hear about your recovery. Get lots of rest and check in when you can! Congrats!

~AMY~
from 308 to 165 `~ 5 years post op and still keeping it off!!
Proud military spouse and Mom to 4 amazing kids!!

jennkitt
on 5/2/12 3:27 pm - MI
Thanks! You are going to love it, I can already tell that I will, bandages/binder/and all.  It sounds crazy, but it is so weird to sit down on the toilet and be able to see my mons....it's the little things

Our stats are really similar! Except you have kept yours off longer, way to go!

Jenn

Most Active