weight gain after TT

Debra Welker
on 5/4/12 1:40 am - Kaukauna, WI
I had my TT on tuesday and came home yesterday, I weighed 173 morning of surgery and they took off 4.5 pounds of fat and skin and I weighed 179 this morning??? Is it the fluid and swelling ? I havent eated much at all. Deb
Tess145
on 5/4/12 2:40 am - Senatobia, MS
 Hi  Deb:

From all the posts that I have read, it looks like most people swell out anywhere from 5-10 lbs. after surgery from fluids.  I do not plan to weigh until I am at least a week out.  I don't think I can handle the gain I would see.  It would make me sad. 

Tess

Starting Wt 306; Losing Wt 155; Goal Wt 145: Regain Wt 225; Current Wt 157
PS:  FDL Tummy Tuck, Hernia Repair 5/17/12, TT Revision, Butt and Thigh Lift 4/18/13

Jujuvee
on 5/4/12 4:09 am
I was told to stay off the scale for a month, your surgeon just put your body through some super throw down trauma and with that comes swelling.

Also, just because they remove that amount in skin does not always mean that it will reflect on the scale. Some of that was fluid and they body replaces fluid.

HW 405- Pre op weight 374- Plastics weight 203 Current weight 194

Circumferential lift/Brachioplasty November 8, 2011

16.3 pounds removed.

Revisions + Thighplasty  October 23, 2012

Breast lift- Spring 2013

orangeivy
on 5/4/12 7:04 am
I am a little over 5 weeks out from TT, medial thigh lift, and BL with implants. I "gained" about ten pounds with the surgery. At this point I've lost about 7 of the 10 and each day my swelling improves. Hang in there....I think swelling has a lot to do with the weight gain.
NoMore B.
on 5/4/12 7:34 am
 No worries, it's all swelling.  Just keep in mind, though, as others have said, that you might not lose the full weight of the skin.  Your body replensishs the fluids lost with the skin.  Some people dont see a difference on the scale at all, and others even see it drop more because we tend to not eat as much while recovering from the TT.

But regardless of what the scale says, enjoy your new, flat tummy!  The swelling will subside and you'll see the scale go down in time.
samiamiam
on 5/4/12 12:10 pm
All will be well hun. It is so normal to have lots of worries. The swelling is allot of weight. just think about how much some women gain on their periods then compare that to the massive trauma that your body just went through. I am not weighing myself (so I say now) for 4 weeks after surgery and even then I will try not to freak out. lol

Message me if you need someone to chat with

T.
Laura in Texas
on 5/4/12 12:16 pm
I was up about 7 pounds post-op, too. Did you take your measurements? My waist was 4 inches bigger the first week post-op. I freaked, but it got better with time. Don't panic!! : )

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

PBJ
on 5/4/12 11:04 pm
stay off the scale!!  it is totally swelling...I remember feeling like I was pregnant!   I didn't get on the scale for about 3 weeks I think and then I was very happily surprised. Your metabolism really spead up for about 6 weeks post op..loved that! Now it is back to norma.
are you wearing a binder?
Make sure you keep drinking alot of fluids.

take care and good luck

Patty
My weight loss journey                                                    
Debra Welker
on 5/5/12 12:24 am - Kaukauna, WI
Yes im wearing a binder and drinking alot of fluids and protein shakes. Dont have much of an appetite. I think I over did it a little yesterday because Im feeling rough today. I walked about 2 blocks then went to the grocery store. I will definetly take it east today but need to wash my hair. Every little task is a big task right now. I will stay off the scale. Deb
Most Active