TT/AL/TL/BLw/A 6-15

jlyn412
on 5/20/12 11:30 am - Atlanta, GA
My 4 year anniversary is this Wednesday and I have finally decided to get this extra skin cut off! I am having a tummy tuck, an arm lift, an inner thigh lift, and a breast lift with gel implants. My doctor said because I was so small that doing them all at one time would still keep me under the 6 hour limit. I do have a few questions for those of you that have been there. First, recovery time? The Doc said I could do pretty much whatever I wanted after 6 weeks, but mostly I am curious about returning to work, I have a VERY low impact job...I sit and watch TV for a living. I was thinking maybe 3 weeks. Also, My company pays for STD and I am curious if anyone has had any experience with filing a claim for STD for "cosmetic" procedures? I am hoping since I have been covered under the plan for 8 years including my WLS that the sagging skin is an "injury" that I incurred while on the plan. Does anyone have any advice?
Iam_with_the_Band
on 5/20/12 12:22 pm
I was granted STD because my FMLA was approved.  My company states if the FMLA is approved, the STD is approved. 

I had an Anchor Cut TT/LBL and extended Thigh Lift.  I was off for 11 weeks because I really didn't want to cause any incisions of my thigh lift to open.  The thighs have the highest complication rate for open incisions.  I think staying home from work for 6 weeks is a good idea.  Remember your body just went through major surgery, you will have hundreds of internal stitches and your healing is enhanced by rest.  I found I had no energy and just wanted to nap off and on all day.  I was also massively swelling at 3 weeks and the more I was up and doing stuff, the more I swelled.  I would rest and walk around a bit, then rest some more. 

12/09 and 6/11, 9 skin removal procedures with Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey Mexico
Revised to the Sleeve after losing 271 lbs with the LapBand. 

jlyn412
on 5/20/12 10:40 pm - Atlanta, GA
That gives me a glimmer of hope! Thank you!
kathkeb
on 5/21/12 12:07 am
My std was denied forme tummy tuck. They considered it cosmetic and would not cover it.

I took 8 days of vacation. From the day of surgery on a Thursday, through the next week.
I was released by my surgeon the following Monday and went back to my work at home desk job.

They paid me std to have my band, even though my medical coverage did not pay for the band itself, so be sure you find out and plan accordingly.

Just because they paid for one thing is no guarantee they will pay for another.

Good luck!!!!
Kath

pagek77
on 5/22/12 5:27 am

I had a breast reduction and extended tummy tuck (incision goes around the back and almost completely touches) and was under for 7 hours. I know my procedures aren't the same as yours but my doctor said that with my procedures most people are back to work within 7-10 days if it's a desk job. I hope your surgeries go well and that you have a quick and easy recovery!

jlyn412
on 5/22/12 6:49 am - Atlanta, GA
Thank you! I hope so too! My HR rep seemed pretty positive it would be approved, I guess we will see!

TT/TL/AL/BL with Aug 6/15/2012! Looking good so far!

MyLady Heidi
on 5/22/12 6:55 am
Can I ask the reasoning behind doing it all at once?  My doctor was clear, either upper body or lower body but never at the same time because they are fighting against each other, so the breasts and tummy together would never be considered.  I think it would be amazing to wake and have it all done, I just would be scared to wake with that much done.  For me the arms were super easy, my tt was more intense, breasts and thighs I have no idea.  I wish you luck and I hope you get your leave.  I am sure you are going to look wonderful once you are all healed.
jlyn412
on 5/22/12 7:55 am - Atlanta, GA
I read a lot about what you are saying and I had a few consultations. Most of what I read said it depends on the amount of lift/augmentation and how "tucked" your tummy was going to be as well as the confidence of the surgeon to do the procedure correctly. All three of the surgeons I consulted with told me that because of my specific situation and size that doing them together was no problem. (I will also have my mother with me for the 1st month as a full time nurse maid!) So, I decided to go with the surgeon that has the best credentials and the best looking before and after photos. I am a little nervous about waking up after...I think I will feel like they cut my head off and stuck it on a new body....should be interesting! I will post some before and afters later on! 

TT/TL/AL/BL with Aug 6/15/2012! Looking good so far!

Crazeru
on 5/23/12 1:57 am
Instead of cosmetic, treat this as abnormal body structures due to MO.  These aren't just a little mommy tummy tuck.  Because of our weight, and stretched skin, it's not the same. 

I was off for 8 weeks and like Dee, if I did too much on one day, I was shot the next.  It took a long time to get my energy back.  I'd upped my protein before and after surgery.  I had the works!  Only way to go.  One surgery, one recovery time.

Chris
HW/225 - 5'1" ~ SW/205/after surgery 215 ~ CW/145~ BMI-25.8~Normal BMI 132 ~DS Dr Rabkin 4/17/08
Plastics in Monterrey - See Group on OH Dr Sauceda Jan 13, 2011
LBL, BL, small thigh lift, arms & a full facelift on 1/17/11
UBL 1/21/13
Love my Body by Sauceda

Hemlock65
on 8/24/12 9:08 pm - FL

can I ask you your age and what all you had done, ......... andddd how long you were under anesthesia? I am 47 and am having a fleur de lis (inverted T) Tummy Tuck and Brest lift w/ augmentation at the same time. I am 5'10" and weigh 190. I am soooo excited but so scared at the same time. My PS is planning to have me under for 6 hours, which freaks me out. I'm a nurse and know all the effects this much time under can have. I keep thinking I need to talk to someone who has survived this kinda of major post weight loss surgery. Please help me find courage, kinda having a little melt down. Thanks so much, Denise
PS: Surgery scheduled for 09/05/12

Most Active