Day 5 I'm starting to feel normal again

Anne D.
on 5/28/12 2:52 am
I'm now day 5 out from extended tummy (almost all the way around) and brachioplasty. I have been off pain meeds for a day and feeling less tired and foggy. No pain but my belly is super tight. I can stand up a little straighter now but not all the way. I was able to shower and blow dry my hair this morning which made me feel a lot better. I have two drains which hopefully one will come out Thursday when I have a doctor appt.

Havalina
on 5/28/12 5:06 am
Glad you are feeling better =)
 VSG  Aug 9, 2010 with Dr. Shieh in Fort Myers, FL    
HW 366 Day of Surgery 334
PS: Extended TT, Arm Lift, Fat Transfer to the rear 6/6/2012.

pagek77
on 5/28/12 6:14 am
Glad you are starting to feel normal again :)! Today was the third shower I took since having my BR & ext. TT 11 days ago and I swear I was saying to myself "This feels so delicious!" That doesn't even make any sense ;). LOL!

elongreach
on 5/28/12 6:58 am - Owings Mills, MD
You are so lucky. I am 12 days out and yet to have been able to take a true shower. I can't take one with the drains in based on my surgeon's orders. I know for a fact one is coming out tomorrow, but I think I'm going to be stuck with the other on for awhile longer because it's outputting too much fluid to be removed. I need a consecutive 24 hrs with less than 30 ccs.

Is your back hurting from the hunching over? That's the only reason I'm still taking Tylenol. My lower back is killing me.
Anne D.
on 5/28/12 7:33 am
Yes my back is sore and my abs are super tight. It's amazing how a shower can really make you feel normal again. I was ok to take a shower after 24 hrs but waited because I was too out of it. I still have both drains, hope to get one out on Thursday.

kb64
on 5/28/12 10:05 pm - Clarksville , TN
I am 3 weeks out today from TT. Its amazing how much better you feel once those drains are out. I havent taken any pain meds except motrin since the first week but Im telling you be careful it doesnt take much to jar your stomach and feel sore all over again. I got startled by something the other day and jerked oh my. It just feels like the whole right side of my stomach has done 100 too many sit ups. LOL But everyday is better hang in there all. So worth it. :)

HW 270/ SW 255/ CW 210/GW 180

pagek77
on 5/29/12 8:41 am
 It's so interesting how much doctor's instructions vary. I wasn't allowed to shower for 24 hrs after all drains were out.
Anne D.
on 5/30/12 1:55 am
I was allowed to shower after 24 hrs, drains still in. It didn't seem to have any effect on the drains at all.

Maryatt50
on 5/31/12 6:43 am
 Too funny!  But this was the one thing I was most concerned about before my extended TT - not being able to shower.  I was so lucky - I had surgery on a Tuesday and on Thursday my drains were out and I was able to shower.  It make you feel like a new person.  LOL  
Most Active