A little OCD...

jlyn412
on 6/5/12 3:31 am - Atlanta, GA
Ok, so I feel like I have been posting a lot, but I wanted to get everyone's opinion about this. The two closest people in my life, my mother and my boyfriend, are both completely supportive of my plastics decision. With that said, they are both telling me that I am obsessing over it and they think its maybe a little unhealthy. I have been on the boards here daily reading, as well as looking at before and afters on google and makemeheal.com. I have also been watching actual procedures on You Tube. I kinda can't get enough. I think I am just really excited to see what my new body is going to look like and I want to be sure that I have all the info I could ever need. I, like many of us on here, have never had this body I'm about to get. Being overweight my whole life I can't even begin to imagine what I am going to look like after next Friday. Maybe I am a little obsessed, but isn't that normal? Has anyone experienced feelings like this?

TT/TL/AL/BL with Aug 6/15/2012! Looking good so far!

LoriD70
on 6/5/12 4:18 am - Fort Lee, NJ
Maybe we can start a Plastic surgery OCD support group because I'm right there with you :)
jlyn412
on 6/5/12 6:04 am - Atlanta, GA
At least I'm not alone!!! Thank you! That could be a good idea too!

wls2011
on 6/5/12 6:17 am - Ballston Lake, NY
 I'm definitely there too....I have spent countless hours researching and have looked at thousands of pics....more nudey pics & scar pics than I ever care to look at...and the kids walk in my room and are freaked out and like WHAT am I looking at! Hubby pretty grossed out too..... LOL...

And when I went for consults, I'm using all the terminology and asking tons of questions and every surgeon...is like boy...you are prepared...hahaha....

Alain Polynice Arm Lift & Revision BL 4/15/15

Alain Polynice Hernia Repair, Revision TT, Lipo Flanks 5/28/14

Dr. Lee Gallbladder Removal 5/28/14

Francisco Sauceda  TT & BL  6/3/13

Mitchell Roslin VSG 5/12/11

jlyn412
on 6/5/12 9:03 am - Atlanta, GA
I know! I almost feel like I have to sneak looking at pictures cuz I feel like I am doing something wrong. I shouldn't feel that way, it's research!

godzilla
on 6/5/12 7:39 am - Israel
Right there with you!
Relatives should be happy you are not walking in blindly!
Research is good.
Mikimi in Israel
jlyn412
on 6/5/12 9:04 am - Atlanta, GA
I agree Mikimi, research is good, I am about to go through a serious operation, I need to have all the facts!

sharonleanne
on 6/5/12 8:45 am
 I am right there with you. I can't even imagine what I will look like after. I had rny rny 6.5 years ago, and I never thought the day would come when I would have this hanging nasty skin removed from my body. I am beyond excited and I can't get enough either. I guess its hard for others to understand cause they have never been in our shoes. You never feel right in your body, getting naked is awful, and clothes don't fit right. When I look at myself in the mirror naked I can't see any difference from when I was almost 300 pounds. All I see is hanging wrinkly skin. YUCK. I swear I never let my husband see me naked until I had my 2nd consultation, and only then cause I couldn't remember all the details from the first one. 

I thank God every day for this website and for the people who are willing to share their experiences with us. Learning from peope who have been though what we are going/gone through is the best kind of therpy I can imagine.  
jlyn412
on 6/5/12 9:08 am - Atlanta, GA

I know what you mean too. I can look at before pictures of myself and know that I have come a long way, but even now, I know that I still feel fat and ugly when I am naked and look in the mirror.

And I am also right there with you about this website, what in the world would we do without it?!? Thank you everyone who has been here posting! We are the best help for each other! 

Angela S.
on 6/5/12 9:07 am
 Completely normal... I researched and watched surgeries on YouTube for weeks before my surgery. It's trying figure out all of the "unknowns" and "what ifs" that will soon happen. It lessens afterwards... Did you try realself.com.  Lots of reviews and questions on there...

Most Active