How much did you have removed?

Heidi V.
on 6/5/12 4:45 am - Cardinal, Canada
Revision on 01/13/14
 Hi everybody! I had an extended tummy tuck and lipo on 
May 22, 2012. The doctor told me he removed 15 pounds; which is the most his clinic has ever done. He said he couldn't remove more because my hemoglobin levels went too low, which resulted in my needing 2 units of blood.

How much do they normally remove?

Thanks! Heidi

Revision from sleeve to RNY is set for January 13, 2014.

Jmbrown081
on 6/5/12 5:13 am
 I had twelve pounds of skin removed. It can range anywhere from one or two pounds all the way up to maybe twenty in extreme cases.
pagek77
on 6/5/12 5:16 am
Hi, I hope your recovery is going well! I think it depends on a bunch of variables, but did he tell you that he thought he could remove more than 15lbs during your consult, but then didn't because of your hemoglobin levels?

I had a BR and ext. TT a week before you and got 2 consults. Each said they thought they'd remove 6-8lbs total, which I thought was a lot ;). After surgery, my Dr told me he removed 7lbs, but in talking with him a few times, it sounded like he's worked on patients where he's removed 40+lbs before, but I'm not sure how much of that was skin and/or if that makes a difference.

Sorry, can't be of more help, but I hope you're doing well and taking it *easy* :)!
Iam_with_the_Band
on 6/5/12 5:39 am, edited 6/5/12 5:41 am
My TT and arms were 19! But I was still 100 lbs overweight! The skin weighs very little unless there is fat included. After losing 70lbs I returned for my facelift and thighs. He took off 13 at that time including lipo. My first surgery was for back pain related to my heavy panni.

12/09 and 6/11, 9 skin removal procedures with Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey Mexico
Revised to the Sleeve after losing 271 lbs with the LapBand. 

Heidi V.
on 6/5/12 7:50 am - Cardinal, Canada
Revision on 01/13/14
 Hi,
He didn't give me a number in the consult. What he did was tell me where he would remove skin, how he would make the incisions and areas he would do lipo. He told me after the surgery that he wanted to do a little lipo in my upper abdomen, but decided against removing anymore because of my hemoglobin levels.

Heidi

godzilla
on 6/5/12 6:00 am - Israel
I'm still not at normal BMI but at 5ft tall I once weighed 120K/270lb.
I went into my TT at 83K/182.6lbs and 3K was removed from my lower belly.
I now weigh 77K/170lb. I would like to weigh 70K/154lbs. I know that would still not be a normal BMI but I like the sound of the those numbers.
If it happens-great, and if not,not.
Mikimi in Israel
Jujuvee
on 6/5/12 6:32 am
16.3. from my circumferential and brachioplasty.

HW 405- Pre op weight 374- Plastics weight 203 Current weight 194

Circumferential lift/Brachioplasty November 8, 2011

16.3 pounds removed.

Revisions + Thighplasty  October 23, 2012

Breast lift- Spring 2013

Heidi V.
on 6/5/12 7:50 am - Cardinal, Canada
Revision on 01/13/14
 I am relaxing now in a hotel in Cancun. It's been 2 weeks today and I'm feeling pretty good. I'm very pleased with the work done. I haven't had a waist or hips since I was 8 years old!! The drains were removed on Friday and thank goodness because they were driving me nuts. I try to get out everyday and walk on the beach, but I only end up going every second day because beach walking in 100 degree temps is exhausting!

pagek77
on 6/5/12 11:58 am
 Glad you're feeling good! You can always have lipo done later on if it really bothers you. Sounds like he was right to play it safe and stop when he did. Enjoy your results :)!
Anne D.
on 6/7/12 9:47 am
I had extended tummy and brachio, he removed 6 pounds. I had no lipo he said there was just skin not fat. I would love to lose 10 more pounds if none would come off my face or chest though!

Most Active