One Week Out from Gynecomastia

MikeyMike
on 6/22/12 12:40 pm - New York, NY
I posted pics in my profile so you can see. Send me a friend request if you're not already.  The after pics still have some bandages that the Doc said will fall off. He said if it doesn't I can remove them in another week.

My four drains were removed. I was surprised as I had drains for more than three weeks for my LBL. The doctor said he didn't expect them to output much and there were a safety blanket in case I developed internal bleeding. Each drain was about 10 cc's in a 24 hour period when they were removed.

I'm totally off of the percoset. It was making me really constipated. Don't have any pain but I'm very itchy. Hard to resist scratching. The compression shirt helps.

I told my doc that I was disappointed as I thought my breasts were going to be totally flat. He said it was the trade off I made as I told him I wanted to keep nipple sensitivity. I remember having that conversation but still a bit bummed out. He said he had to keep some breast tissue to accomplish that. I have some puffiness on the side going under my under arms. He said if he removed any more I wouldn't be able to raise my arms above my head. I guess that's important. But he said that I'm still swollen and that it will compress. He said I won't see the final result until 6 months.

I have to admit now that I look at the side view picture. I like the way it looks.

He told me that I have to wear compression shirts. I brought in two sizes to show him. I purchased the Starter Brand that has 19% elasticity ($7 from walmart). I bought a medium and a small size. He said the medium was fine for right now but as the swelling goes down I may transition to the small.

Still can't believe that I'm wearing a medium. Three years ago I was a 4x - 5x.

Any way I have to wear the Shirts for 4 weeks 24x7 and then another 2 weeks only when I sleep.

I have a one final visit with him on Monday and then I should be cleared to go back to work on Tuesday.

Geting a lot of rest and eating lots of protein. My weight is in a good place as well I was 197 pounds this morning. Still in my range.

Highest Weight: 380                      Consult Weight: 357             Surgery Weight: 309 
Goal Weight: 220 (9/29/10)      Revised Goal Range 215-220         Current Weight: 224
Plastics: Circumferential Lower Body Lift - 11/18/2011
              Gynecomastia - 6/14/2012

JustLookingToo
on 6/22/12 2:07 pm - AL
Thanks for the detailed update. I'm jealous that your drains are out. I still have mine. OUCH! They are right in the bend of my legs and pull every time I move. Maybe Tuesday.

Can't wait to see your pics. Headed over there now...

Laura in Texas
on 6/22/12 9:51 pm
You look awesome. Please don't be depressed over your results. I'm sure it will look even better in 6 months, just like the doctor said. If not, you can always look into a small revision later. When I had my arms done, my surgeon took the scar low to remove my bra bulge/side boobs, but did not take all of it. If/when I ever get my implants I will have that part revised, but it really does not bother me anymore.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

MikeyMike
on 6/22/12 9:56 pm - New York, NY
Thanks, I guess we are always more critical on our selves. I'm sure my opinion will change as things settle out.

Highest Weight: 380                      Consult Weight: 357             Surgery Weight: 309 
Goal Weight: 220 (9/29/10)      Revised Goal Range 215-220         Current Weight: 224
              Gynecomastia - 6/14/2012

Don 1962
on 6/22/12 11:35 pm

Never, and I mean NEVER, trust a fart!! 

ruggie
on 6/23/12 9:40 am - Sacramento, CA
Hey Mikey -

Just wanted to share this with you -

I think you know I had plastics a few weeks ago.  At first I wanted full gyne because I wanted that flat chest that I nver had my whole life.  After going through the risks and paperwork, my surgeon pretty  much told me that the gyne and removal of breast tissue would totally kill my nipple sensitivity and it may or may not come back, and may or may not come back all the way.  I won't go into extra details, but this is an important component with how I have sex with my partner, so it was a deal breaker.  We instead decdied to go with just lipo and "getting out every little bit he could". 

Given the compromise, I'm pretty happy.  I don't have the flat chest I wanted that a 37-yo  man shouldn't probably have anyone, but I don't have tiny manboobs anymore.  Moreover, I'm delighted I can still receive pleasure through my nipples. 

Really glad to hear that you're healing well.  Maybe we can compare photos laters.

Cheers,

Heaviest weight:  310 pounds  (Male, 5'10")

MikeyMike
on 6/23/12 12:28 pm - New York, NY
Nipple sensitivity was very important for me as well. Something I enjoy during sex with my wife. So I too had the same conversation with my surgeon. He said that the procedure he wanted to do is not a 100% gynecomastia although that's what I called it. It's a combination of Gynecomastia, Lipo and breast reconstruction done with a certain surgical technique. I think it was actually called a Bilateral Axillery Skinfold excision, Superior pedicle nipple graft combined with Lipo suction. He said it was a complicated procedure and that there was a chance I could loose the sensitivity if the nipple lost blood flow for a significant amount of time during the procedure.

I can tell you that my nipples are very sensitive at this point. Now that i'm off the percoset. I feel the nipples rubbing against the compression shirt when I move/adjust the shirt at times. The shirt has a tendecy to ride up. Which I then i have to pull taught. Which i believe is a very good sign. He said that he had to leave some breast tissue in as that's what also keeps the sensitivity going.

I have pictures in my profile. I showed you mine...now you need to show me yours.

Gynecomastia - 6/14/2012

ruggie
on 6/23/12 6:20 pm - Sacramento, CA
 High Mikey -

Glad to hear that your story came out to have a happy ending.

I admit this is something I don't speak about with many of my friends - oh, they know about the WLS and the LBL, but I didn't tell many how I wrestled between the full gyne and just lipo due to nipple sensataion.  I think there's still a bit of taboo about that on the male side.  I'm glad you guys came up with that 3-way solution - my surgeon just offered me these two choices - full gyne with guaranteed loss and lipo with nearly guaranteed retainment.

When I visit my surgeon I'll pick up his before pics and share them with you ;)

Heaviest weight:  310 pounds  (Male, 5'10")

MikeyMike
on 6/23/12 11:33 pm - New York, NY
No problem...

BTW...I got the name of the procedure I had wrong. It is actually called: inferior pedicel breast reduction with lipo and excision of axillary and back roll

Gynecomastia - 6/14/2012

Most Active