Three weeks out from LBL and heading back to work

ruggie
on 6/23/12 9:45 am - Sacramento, CA
Well on Monday I'll be three weeks out from my LBL, and I've done well - drains were removed around 10 days and sutures removed around two weeks.

Any advice on how to cope with easing back into work? 

I've got a desk job - sit a lot.  And I can sit alright now without too much pain or stress (doc made the abs tighter than the butt) but still don't want to stretch it out more than needed.

Just looking for any advice

Heaviest weight:  310 pounds  (Male, 5'10")

diane S.
on 6/23/12 11:06 am
hmmm, all i can suggest is a  piece of a temperpedic pad to sit on and realize that you are going to get tired easily and not to overdo it.   So glad you are doing well. Diane

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

Angela S.
on 6/23/12 12:04 pm
 My first week back I took a pillow, lots of Advil, and had a chair to put my feet up on. By the end of the day, I needed to go straight home to pack myself in ice packs with my feet up... Expect to be really swollen the first couple of days. 

MikeyMike
on 6/23/12 12:46 pm - New York, NY
Hi Ruggie,

I went back to work after 2 1/2 weeks; remember wishing that I should have went back at 3 weeks. So I think you're at the right point although our mileages may vary.

The only thing that was really annoying was that my doctor had me wearing a compression shirt and shorts for three weeks after the drains came out. What I noticed was the garments put more pressure on my bladder so I had to go more frequent then I normally did. Between that and the combination of trying to maneuver my pants, garments and underwear was quite challenging and took some practice to master.

I too have a desk job. I found it helpful to get up and move about at times.

Highest Weight: 380                      Consult Weight: 357             Surgery Weight: 309 
Goal Weight: 220 (9/29/10)      Revised Goal Range 215-220         Current Weight: 224
Plastics: Circumferential Lower Body Lift - 11/18/2011
              Gynecomastia - 6/14/2012

ruggie
on 6/23/12 1:25 pm - Sacramento, CA
 Thanks, Mikey. 

Heaviest weight:  310 pounds  (Male, 5'10")

Most Active