Got my date!

Joe_C
on 7/10/12 10:10 pm

It took a long time but I got my date.  I am having my Panniculectomy and chest reduction done on 7-26-12.  Then the bat wings and thigh lift in December.  Insurance has approved all of it.  They won't pay for any Lipo if needed.  My advice for any that have insurance problems is to pay attention to all wording in the approval letters.  I was denied originally because of terminology that suggested cosmetic surgery instead of reconstrutive.  Get the policy from your insurance and submit approval with their wording and CPT code reference.  I hope I can help.  Oh and document all sores and rashes.

>>>Approved!!! Surgery 10-19-09<<<
              Starting an improved new me

sumueulu
on 7/11/12 1:19 am, edited 7/11/12 1:24 am
Congrats!
Do you know what the CPT codes are?
There are so many, and just the slightest difference in wording can change the numbers. I'd love to know what the codes are that your insurance approved.
Thanks!
Sarah
Joe_C
on 7/11/12 2:12 am

My insurance has a policy call "excision of redundant skin" in that section they listed the CPT codes that are covered.  I am using #15830 (panniculectomy) #15832 (thigh) #15836 (arm) #15839 (other area-chest).  I don't have the exact information from the prior approval department but this is what I included in my approval letter.

>>>Approved!!! Surgery 10-19-09<<<
              Starting an improved new me

godzilla
on 7/11/12 4:02 am - Israel
Fantastic news for you!
Mikimi in Israel
Kim J.
on 7/13/12 10:32 am - OH
CONGRATS Joe!! 

Very happy for you.  That's great everything is covered also. 

Please keep us posted on how you're doing.
Most Active