Excitement after plastic or WLS surgery?

Joe_C
on 7/19/12 1:58 am
Which was more exciting your WLS or plastics.  I was so excited for the WLS to start a new life and it has been awsome the whole time.  Life has changed for the better.  This time I am a little numb to the surgery as I can't imagine what to expect.  I would guess that an immediate change would be better then words could express and the fact you don't have to wait months for results to start showing.  When you look down for the 1st time at a flatter stomach in just a one day span, I would think that is the best feeling. 

>>>Approved!!! Surgery 10-19-09<<<
              Starting an improved new me

KeepOn
on 7/19/12 2:19 am

Hey Joe,
I would have to agree with the instant results of see ones body changed so dramatically in a matter of hours. I haven't had my surgery yet , but I can't imagine what it will be like to look at my body and NOT see all the excess skin, I don't care how swollen it may look. NO hanging, bulging skin wil be awesome. I really feel it will be the final stage in the long journey.

godzilla
on 7/19/12 4:17 am - Israel
Definitely the TT !
I remember talking on my cell phone in English (I live in Israel and Hebrew is the language) to a friend while still in hospital and one if the doctors passed by me me and heard what I was saying and he started laughing at my words " my stomach is so flat!" now I am still fat but not FAT and I did not hit normal bmi yet but I am a far cry from what I was. I still marvel at my flat tummy and I am almost a year out and due for Breadt Lift/Reduction 1 August.
Mikimii in Israel
(deactivated member)
on 7/19/12 8:32 am
The plastics is much more immediate by far. But the WLS itself overall was much more gratifying.
Laura in Texas
on 7/19/12 9:11 am
Plastics was much more exciting. I finally feel "whole" again.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

dani02
on 7/20/12 4:37 am - Utica, MI

My Arm lift was by far the most amazing and exciting thing! My husband saw
the results in recovery and he was crying. My wings were gone! He was so
thrilled for me. I could hardly wait to see my arms.
On the other hand maybe he was crying and happy cause I didnt have
anything to swing at him anymore???

The weight loss was like cake, having the extra skin off is like sticking your finger
in the whippy icing of william and kates wedding cake!!!

Dani

MyLady Heidi
on 7/20/12 7:45 am
The minute I looked down at my flat tummy I was in love.  When I looked at my wrapped up face from my neck lift with dried blood all in my ears, not so much.
Most Active