5 weeks post op TT/BL/Aug, Arm Lift and Lipo

Shelly C.
on 9/4/12 10:50 pm - Alameda, CA
Today was my 5 week check up. I am super happy! I am able to wear my spanks or compression pants during the day and continue the binder just at night :) I fit back into my size 6 skinny jeans with no muffin top. My TT scar is doing fantastic, the little bit of serous fluid is being absorbed by my body so no more asperations (Only once was there a significant amount of fluid). I still have a couple of wounds under my breasts, but they are doing very well, once looks like light road rash now, no real depth, and the other is the size of a pencil eraser, but a little deeper, caused by my allergy to removable stiches which caused the "T" area to seperate.

I will continue to wear my arm compression because I want the very best result, and the longer I wear the garment, the better the outcome.

Next week I will get a Vasershape treatment on the Lipo areas to aide in smoothing these areas, compliments of my doc.

I tested the silicone tape and found out I am not allergic to the adhesive, so I will start the tape therapy this week on my scars.

The forearm numbness on my left arm is really the only thing that really annoys me right now.

I would love to hear how long it took for your implants to feel like they are yours. And how other post ops are doing.

Extended Tummy Tuck w lipo/Muscle Repair // BL/Aug // Arm Lift Aug 2012
JUDY C.
on 9/5/12 3:49 pm - Bear, DE
Sounds like you are doing great!

I had a tummy tuck, breast lift, arm lift and side rolls removed last October.
I still am numb around my incision on my tummy tuck.  It's annoying but I'll take a flat stomach any day over the rolls!

Wait until you go with out your binders/ compression garments.
You're going to think you're walking around without clothes on, it's the weirdest feeling.

~Believe in Yourself~

Southernsleever
on 9/6/12 9:43 pm
 How long was your surgery? I'd love to have all of mine done in one bang but they say it will be too long under. 

5'6" Start-276 Goal-150  Weight loss   Preop=5  Month 1=25  Month 2=10  Month 3=14  Month 4=3 Month 5=7  Month 6=9 Month 7=7 Month 8=Month 9=9 Month 10=7 Month 11=5 Month 12=5 Month 13=3 Month 14=4    

Shelly C.
on 9/6/12 10:48 pm - Alameda, CA
All in 5 1/2 hours with 2 surgeons. My doc does all the cutting and suturing, and other one  he partners with will be prepping the next surgical areas.   He does mutiple procedures routinely. He also does 3 layers of stiches everywhere, almost all were dissolvable except some those in the MR on the abs and various tension or anchor points, so this was nice after post op.

Southernsleever
on 9/20/12 7:04 am
 Can you give me the name of your surgeon? Do you have an estimate of what everything (including binders and stay) costed? 

5'6" Start-276 Goal-150  Weight loss   Preop=5  Month 1=25  Month 2=10  Month 3=14  Month 4=3 Month 5=7  Month 6=9 Month 7=7 Month 8=Month 9=9 Month 10=7 Month 11=5 Month 12=5 Month 13=3 Month 14=4    

amccu18007
on 9/7/12 5:28 am - Newark, DE
Hi there! I am four weeks PO as of yesterday. I had a lower body lift, bl with aug and an arm lift( with a bit of lipo). I am finally starting to feel a bit more normal. I have had no openings( knock on wood) and just a scab on the bottom of my breast scar. I hate the numb feeling of my arms, it drives me batty! I am so glad that you re feeling well, it is awesome! I find that the swelling is the worst for me. I start out flat and thin by the end of the night I look pregnant...lol.
  Amanda
SW 269    CW 135.6  GW 140    

Shelly C.
on 9/7/12 9:33 pm - Alameda, CA
Glad to hear you are doing well. I agree the arm numbness is frustrating! last night i took a massager to them which seems to help with a little selling I had near my right elbow. the worst numbness for me in on the underside of my left forearm, the incision numbness doesn't bother me too much, has saved me from the unknowing folks who I haven't seen in a while who walk up to me and grab me arm to say hi. I plan on wearing my arm compression as long as I can stand it to hedge my bets on swelling and reduce scar seperation potential. I start silicone tape on them tomorrow.

Isn't it so weird to look at their profile, my doc took like 4 inches off each arm!

MS.LISA
on 9/14/12 8:57 pm - Salem, OR
 Hi there, I was wonderig if you could tell me how much it was for the arm lift and butt aug? did you get like silicone pads in your botom or fat transfered, and what state was it in, im looking into prices dr's right now, I live in  Oregon and would like to stay close Cali is not to far to travel

Shelly C.
on 9/16/12 11:16 am - Alameda, CA
Hi,
I had Breast lift and Breast Aug, as well as the Muscle Repair and Tummy Tuck, Arm Lift and Flank Lipo. With the amount I had at one time, I was able to get a multiple procedure pricing pay the surgical facility fee with and overnight stay, and pay for the anesthesiologist fee once, I also had two surgeons so that surgery time would be under 6 hours. You will need to find out if the doctor you choose does surgery at their office or separate center, in either case there will be those fees, and the type of sedation you want also changing the fee. 

As for quoting rates, it is best to not completely rely on what people post because they could be telling you just the doctor fee, and not include all the other items I mentioned. But, the cheaper I found made me more hesitant, I wasn't willing to "get what you aid for" treatment. Just make sure whoever you go to is a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. There will be additional items for you to consider, such as post surgery compression clothing for the best result that the doctor won't provide (3 arm sets cost me $250), potentially silicone tapes, mederma lotion .  

Good luck
Shelly

katier825
on 9/7/12 4:04 pm
I'm excited for you...would love a LBL, but have to wait until next year at the earliest. The first few weeks with the "new girls" were a bit uncomfortable - they felt like I had weights on my chest. Not bad at a month out, but they were still pretty high/firm. I'm 6 months out now and they have a great shape and natural feeling. I still have some numbness where the scars are. Hoping that goes away because it annoys me.
Most Active