Panniculectomy-know it alls who are discouraging

nursenaomi85
on 10/25/12 4:37 am - houston, TX
I scheduled to have a panniculectomy done Dec 17, 2012. I was wondering if anyone who has had it done has any pictures. The typical know it alls who have to chime in have me worried by there claims of disfigurement and such. I just wanted to ease my mind a bit. My surgeon assured me she would not leave me disfigured(especially since i work with her) essentially she told me I am getting a tummy tuck without the tightening for insurance sake.So she is going above the belly button and pulling the skin down and placing the belly button in a new position. Which I am fine with because I want babies. I dont have an extremely large pannus it is just a spare tire in the middle not much fat in the upper abdominal region. So she thinks this procedure is completely fine for me. I think it will be fine it is just good to compare it to something.

LilySlim Weight loss tickers
HW:322   CW:180   1st goal: 150    2nd goal:125-130(im a shorty)  

Laura in Texas
on 10/25/12 10:56 pm

Did you search OH for panniculectomy? That might help you find what you're looking for. I see you're in Houston. So am I. who is your surgeon? Mine is Dr. LoMonaco. My only concern for you is that if your ticker is correct, you are still far from goal. Are you sure you do not want to wait until you are closer? A 10-15 pound loss can really mess up your results. Good luck to you.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

nursenaomi85
on 10/26/12 2:58 pm - houston, TX

I'm in louisiana now my surgeon is Dr. Chaffin. Yes my ticker is way off I have not updated it in ages. I am 30 lbs from goal 20 of which is excess skin. Dr wants to do the panni because she doesn't think my skin issue is very bad I am pretty tight underneath. She is in her words giving me a tummy tuck without tightening and lipo, and we will adjust as needed. I still have not had babies so I was going to hold off on the big guns until then I just want more functionability with my body.

LilySlim Weight loss tickers
HW:322   CW:180   1st goal: 150    2nd goal:125-130(im a shorty)  

Pura Vida
on 10/30/12 10:52 am - Costa Rica

As long as she is going to give you a low scar and a new belly button, GO FOR IT! Sounds like she wants the best for you and you are comfortable with her. Good Luck!

FatLeave
on 10/26/12 9:12 am
Follow me on Twitter @fatleave I've had a FTT with extended incision and a second surgery due to complications (just as invasive) I documented almost daily both times with lots of pictures and tips/suggestions. scroll to the very beginning of my posts and read onwards. Even with my complications I would do it again in a heart beat.

If you have questions feel free to email me at [email protected]
Most Active