What is recovery like for breasts only?

wls2011
on 11/8/12 12:36 am - Ballston Lake, NY

Obviously most of us here need major work done and do multiple procedures in one surgery.....

However, I'm thinking of only doing breasts for now.....I need a big lift and a small implant....I know lots of people who have done implants only and it was like a cake walk for them, some were even back to work in a couple of days...but I don't know anyone who has done the lift and implant.

Anybody have experience just doing the breasts and how was the recovery, the pain, the movement? Could you be quite independent and reach things okay? Is it just the boobs affected, so it doesn't hurt anywhere else? When can you get back to exercising and normal?

Alain Polynice Arm Lift & Revision BL 4/15/15

Alain Polynice Hernia Repair, Revision TT, Lipo Flanks 5/28/14

Dr. Lee Gallbladder Removal 5/28/14

Francisco Sauceda  TT & BL  6/3/13

Mitchell Roslin VSG 5/12/11

godzilla
on 11/8/12 1:59 am - Israel
I live in Israel and we have Socialized Medicine (snd also Private but I live off Disability). I tend to heal long and slow and with problems but my Breast Lift (and small revision from TT with inguinal hernia) was in hospital for five days.
I did not want anything added to my breasts as I have a wide body frame and I like my small "lemons". Pain was hard on me but I was very mobile and compared to TT when one is often hunched over-what a breeze!
In Israel in "public" hospital, most procedures are as individual surgery and not combined.
Mikimi in Israel
Anne D.
on 11/8/12 10:16 am
Easiest of all my surgeries. One recommendation, opt for bigger not smaller. I'm not talking about huge, I just mean the implant helpsnwith shape and perkiness. The biggest thing people say they would change is a bit bigger, myself included. Breasts also are one of the best areas as far as scars going away. I was working the next day. Bring a couple types ofmbras and shirts to the consult and try them on too. Best of luck!

Most Active