NSV-sweater dresses

Supergirl7877
on 12/20/12 10:01 am
Oh my gosh!!! I just got home from shopping and I bought my first sweater dresses! I have tried on sweater dresses throughout the years but they always seem to hit at the wrong spots...they were great for showing off my "leftovers", my apron and the stuff left hanging on my sides. I look fantastic in size small sweater dresses. I would have never ever believed this day would come!

I am on cloud 9!
Brooke F.
on 12/20/12 3:02 pm - CA
I purchased one a couple weeks ago online. I haven't worn it out of the house yet. I have a bulge in the middle from still having to dress a wound but when that sucker heals up I'll be sporting mine too!! Never thought us be wearing such constricting clothing, but nowwwww I love it!

Congrats on the size small too!!
Supergirl7877
on 12/20/12 11:31 pm
Woohoo! We'll have to have a sweater dress day! I am still in awe that they actually look right...on me! I can't believe this little person has been stuck inside me all this time. So...when should official sweater dress day be? How long do you think you will be dressing your wound?
Brooke F.
on 12/21/12 6:54 am - CA
Oh this wound has been going strong for about 6 or 7 weeks now....I see no end in sight. sadly.

I was instructed to slather a new ointment on it yesterday and cover it for two weeks with that ointment....

I really want to wear it but it looks funny with a giant maxi pad bulge....in an odd spot. lol
Supergirl7877
on 12/21/12 8:02 am
Awe! We can still have an official day 6-7 weeks from now . I know it will still be below zero here then!

If you're comfortable, what happened for you to still have an open wound? When was your surgery?.
Brooke F.
on 12/21/12 12:19 pm - CA
I had my surgery October 22nd and developed an opening due to necrosis along the way....the necrosis is gone but it's resulted in a large open wound...it's gotten a little smaller the last two weeks, it just closes different because a wound of this nature has to close from the inside out so it's gaping....and it had been very deep with some tunneling, but now it's only about a half inch deep and it had been about 5 inches wide at one point now it's about 3.5 i****'s disgusting to see in person and *looks* painful, but thanks to being numb from the surgery I don't feel anything other than pressure when something like my seatbelt hits that spot or if when I sit my jeans push there, I just move the seatbelt or pull up my pants a little and it resolves the pressure.

I am told it takes "months" for these sorts of wounds to heal fully, and cause an unsightly scar....I'm not worried about the scar....I just want it to close!! I was also warned of a hard feeling lump under where this opening is too....the small areas where it has closed I do have that hard lump....apparently it will stay hard for like a year?? dunno.
I'm just ready for healing to be done....because the rest of my incision area looks great and is all healed up as it should be.
Supergirl7877
on 12/23/12 6:20 am
Oh goodness! I am sorry you have had to deal with that! I am happy that you're healing well....but oh months!!! I bet that can be frustrating! Is there a cause for necrosis or does it just happen sometimes??

I don't know where you are... But it will still be dress warm season here until at least April!
Brooke F.
on 12/23/12 7:21 am, edited 12/23/12 3:21 pm - CA
I live in the wine country of California

still sweater dresses in April here too

I honestly don't know why I got the necrosis, as it's not "typical" in non diabetic/non smoking paitents. But I got it I did get pretty bummed about it last week for the first time but somehow managed to not let that one bad day drag me down. It's a bummer butttttt I no longer have a flap of hanging skin across my midsection so that's just how I'm looking at it.

I wi**** would heal faster but the surgeon is doing all he can to speed it along, it "just takes time"
Penny V.
on 12/21/12 9:01 pm - Orleans, MA
I love being able to wear fitted clothes bi got 2 sweater dresses and live them. So nice to have found this skinny chick under all that fat and skin. Goodbye to that forever!!

Supergirl7877
on 12/23/12 6:16 am
That is exactly how I feel! I thought I would be the fat girl forever....hello skinny chick! You will have to join us for sweater dress day when Brooke is healed!
Most Active