Pain Medication Question

melizabeth
on 2/28/13 8:33 am - CA

I'm having an extended tummy tuck March 7.  I already filled my pain medication prescription for percacet (SP?) in a tablet form.  I've been reading some older posts and some people are saying if I had an RNY that I will not absorb the tablet that I should get a liquid.  Anyone have issues with the tablets not working?

Melizabeth

RYN 9/20/11--HW 211--CW120--Extended TT 3/7/13   

GOAL Weight 120 met 18 months post op

exohexoh
on 2/28/13 8:55 am - West Chester, PA

i've never had percacet, but they gave me dilaudid pills after my rny, and i have vicodin and fioricet for my migraines and they have all worked fine in pill form

<3 jen <3

<3 starting weight: 252 <3 goal weight: 135 <3 current weight: 151 <3

RNY: 9/27/10 <3 Extended Tummy Tuck w/hip & thigh lipo: 6/6/13

melizabeth
on 2/28/13 9:07 am - CA

Thanks for easing my mind.

Melizabeth

kathkeb
on 3/1/13 10:32 am

I would also add that those pain meds tend to make me a bit itchy (mild reaction) -- so my surgeon suggested a benadryl right before I take them --- it helps me sleep and extends the 'life' of the pain meds

So -- I was prescribed 1 - 2 Percocet every 4 - 6 hours and with the benadryl, I was able to take 1 Percocet every 6 hours and stay ahead of the pain and nap throughout the day ---- at least at the beginning.

Later on, when I wanted to be more alert, I would take extra strength Tylenol during the day and then the benadryl/pain med at night just to sleep.

Congrats on having a surgery date!!!!

Kath

jeterway
on 2/28/13 10:47 am

I took percocet after my plastics procedures and they worked fine for me.  Just keep in mind that narcotic pain killers will probably cause constipation so you might also want to take miralax or colace as well.

melizabeth
on 3/1/13 11:36 pm - CA

Thank you for your replies. Today I am removing my toe nail polish to prepare for my surgery this up coming Thursday.

Melizabeth

Most Active