Tailbone Pain, anyone else?

melizabeth
on 3/26/13 11:25 pm - CA

Seriously, the pain I'm having with my tailbone is unbearable!  I have had issues since losing the weight, I have NO BUTT.  I literally am sitting on a bone at all times.   Even at night when I take a pain pill it does not give me relief.  I bought a cushion that has a cut out in the back for my tailbone but I really can't find any relief.  Does anyone else suffer from this problem?  Any suggestions?

Melizabeth

RYN 9/20/11--HW 211--CW120--Extended TT 3/7/13   

GOAL Weight 120 met 18 months post op

Tess145
on 3/27/13 2:31 am - Senatobia, MS

Have you tried sitting on a hot/cold pack and seeing if that relieves some of the pain?  I did not have this issue from PS surgery only when I lost all my weight during GBS.  Even then, it eventually got better with a donut pillow.  I hope you get to feeling better.

Tess

Starting Wt 306; Losing Wt 155; Goal Wt 145: Regain Wt 225; Current Wt 157
PS:  FDL Tummy Tuck, Hernia Repair 5/17/12, TT Revision, Butt and Thigh Lift 4/18/13

faedra
on 3/27/13 2:39 am - El Cajon, CA
I have the same problem
presurgery weight loss for Kaiser  54 pounds         
HW 309            
Amy Smith
on 3/27/13 11:03 am
I went through tailbone pain as I lost weight. I have to say my lbl seemed to help a lot!

I may have had a few extra potholes along the way, but the journey has been good!   

• RNY- Christiana Institute of Advanced Surgery - Dr. Peters 8/09 
  • Medial Thigh lift & Brachioplasty - Dr. Macrea 7/2011  
  • LBL - Dr. Joseph Michaels (Sibley Memorial) 12/22/2011
  • Upper Body Lift with Mastoplexy - Dr. Joseph Michaels 12/20/2012

P. Poster
on 3/27/13 11:11 am

This is GREAT to hear!  My tailbone has KILLED me for 3 years due to the weight loss and having NO butt anymore.  I was secretly praying the LBL would help with that.  Dr. Michaels said I have "plenty to work with" for the autoaugmentation and asked me if I wanted a "Beyonce booty" or something a bit smaller.  Im going a bit smaller, but Im happy to hear he can hook it up and that it will *hopefully* help the tailbone pain!

Kim S.
on 3/27/13 11:09 pm - Helena, AL

I had tailbone pain for about 6 months...it left as quickly as it came.  If it has been longer than that, you should maybe see an ortho doctor.  I know there are some people that actually have to have the bone surgically altered.....Lady Lithia is one I know of on OH.

melizabeth
on 3/28/13 1:09 am - CA
Thanks for the tip. I have had pain for more than a year, but after TT and sitting so much it has increased. I dread airplane flights because of the pain. It's also embarrassing to carry a donut pillow with you. I've never discussed it with my doctor, just thought I had to deal with it.

Melizabeth

RYN 9/20/11--HW 211--CW120--Extended TT 3/7/13   

GOAL Weight 120 met 18 months post op

Most Active